BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having purchased a rear bread bin seat set up from ebay, I am mocking up in car to make sure all ok... but am unsure of the mounting postion of the front bolts, when layed in car the rear bolts line up with the seat belt fixings and the front line up with two rectangle holes in the frame... I think you need some sort of nut insert to go in there but am unsure and have not found it on the online parts lists....
Could anyone guide or help with this...

2014-05-02 19.37.58.jpg

2014-05-02 19.37.42.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cheers for taking time to do pictures, they show everything I need to know..

Looking at pictures... seems another hole has been drilled above the rectangle will have to do some test fits....

Shame with mine its missing draw dividers... am guessing these will not beable to be purchased... might have to make something

·
Registered
431 Posts
my car has a round hole below (or above, can't exactly remember) the rectangular slot. there is a 6mm speed-nut which clips in through the slot so that the 6mm hole lines up with the round hole.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Sorry for the late reply - I must have missed your question.

Yes, like #6. Mine was actually missing this part so i just used an after-market one from a local auto shop.

my "bread bin" and the mounting framework has been butchered by a previous owner (bless them) and has never opened closed smoothly. If they weren't so rare (especially here in Aus) I'd probably just replace the whole lot (if anyone knows of one for sale... most won't separate from the seat) Bur if yours is still in pieces, you could do me a big favour and measure 2 things for me.

1. the distance from the main bars up to the screw holes where the bread-bin attaches, and
2. the height of the 4 legs that the slide-rails sit on

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just spotted your reply.
Have still got it out of the car.... will have a look for you.
Any pictures showing what you need would be great...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts