BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could anyone let me know where to get a ball to go on to my towbar i have a bmw towbar fitted under the bumper behind the cover

·
Registered
659 Posts
Are you sure its not in the boot area anywhere? mine was in the right hand cubby hidden in a black poly cover, a friends was inhis spare wheel!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Tony,
let me see what I can do, I think a friend may have one I will check and post soon.

·
Registered
337 Posts
There are two type of BMW Towbars Westfalia and Oris. I'm not sure if the detachable portion is interchangeable. It would be worthwhile checking which you have.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Tony, nice looking car, noticed it on ebay a (short) while back. As you live in Prestwick, have you been to RMS engineering before, I was speaking to them about a replacement cat section, as my car was registered on 1st of Aug 92, theres a good chance that an MOT tester wont do a cat test if there's no cat fitted, therefore I was thinking of buying a non cat - cat section (if you catch my drift) from RMS, interested if you have any info on them.

cheers,
Phil.
tonym5 said:
hi phil

ilive in prestwick and its my m5 thats for sale
tony

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi phil

ihave used rms a few times i had an m3 e30 full system fitted ,i had a set of high level exhausts fitted to my bike, also they made a heatshield for my last car ,they done a good job on them all, also my cat has been removed but i kept the old one incase i need to fit it for the mot

tony

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I have the westfalia bar. I can photograph it later today, and post here.

Rob Levinson's is an Oris bar, so you may be able to identify it by comparing to this photo - it's a completely different-looking bar to mine.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
tonym5 said:
my towbar has a hole and it has a small red cover that fits inside
That's a Westfalia one the same as mine. The BMW price for a replacement hitch (Just the detachable bit) is around a ridiculous £250, and you'll also need a key for it. Perhaps one could be purchased from Westfalia? Still going to be expensive. Is the hitch definitely not in the boot trim? Mine's got a little clamp behind the trim on the RHS of the boot.

The little red piece is just a dust/dirt cover.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts