BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please tell me what the standard spec for one of these cars is?

IE did they come with leather, power seats, sunroof etc?

I'm considering buying one but would like to know what I'm looking for :wroom:

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
121 Posts
These cars were available just about anyway the buyer wanted. Leather sport seats seem to be standard, although I would bet the alcantara seats were a no charge option. Bicolor leather seats were an option. An optional full leather package was available which would cover the console and lower dash areas in leather. Complete leather was an even more expensive option which covered the dash in suede along with the head liner. Seats are power with heat an option. Power sunroof was standard, with sunroof delete being a no charge option.

Best bet is to reference the E34 M5 FAQ, very well put together and has a pretty complete list of options. Here is the link.

http://www.bmwe34m5.com/faqs/

You want to go to model history and then to option list. You should find any additional information you need. Also it is a great read prior to buying an E34 M5. Maybe others can add more.

Good Luck,

Greg

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
leather seats, power seats and the double-sunroof where all -extra pay- options, although most M5tourings actually do have a -double-sunroof -
(appr. 16 % of the total production does not) -
-
Almaretta cloth seats were standard -
you'll find most of the information on the web-site already mentioned by
Greg -
-
happy hunting !
brgds
Karl

Johnnym5 said:

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Johnnym5 said:

Thanks in advance
Hi JohnnyM5

I would agree with the other sentiments and adivice. The best way to buy is on condition as with any M5 this is paramount if you have a choice of cars in a similar condition then choose on specification.

For instance mine like others has the sunroofs, leather - lower dashboard, console and seats and heated seats but the condition was excellent and the car was quite low mileage.

Specs were pretty much as the saloons along with the fact that as all ,bar another member who has the only RHD conversion known are LHD. Which means that they have the continental options i.e. more choice but possibly less standard equipment (UK cars I think came with a higher spec as standard in some years).

Incidentally I think that this one right hand drive one is for sale! But I am sure that there are many others available.

Incidentally my requirements other than excellent condition and history were for a late model (I,e, 6 speed, Floating calipers and 18" wheels). There should be some good posts in the M5 Touring thread which I think should ba at the top of the list as it is a sticky thread. This should advise of any addtional requirements to look for when searching for a Touring.

Good luck and get a good one.

Simon

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I'll let you know how it goes.

Just one more Q - what is the VIN number range for the tourings, knowing my luck I'll buy a 520i with an S38 in it :eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Johnnym5 said:
Thanks for the input guys, I'll let you know how it goes.

Just one more Q - what is the VIN number range for the tourings, knowing my luck I'll buy a 520i with an S38 in it :eek:

Hi Johnnym5

I have a Feb 95, 6 speed, 18" for sale. Full service history, 170k KM, Black with black leather, double roof, rear side blinds, tow hook (never been used) etc. Interested? Based in Sussex, car currently at Munich Legends, coming home very soon.

Cheers

Joni P

1 - 8 of 8 Posts