BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam selling my 1993 "L" plate daytona violet touring

Reason is that iam buying an E60 M5

This vehicle is not the normal money pit / scrap M5 that is often available for sale

This car is in very very very good condition both cosmetically and mechanically.

alcantara/cloth seats manual
NO SUNROOF
all usual extras ie E/W,A/C,C/L etc
it also has rear door sunblinds

vehicle has covered 144000 kms and has a comprehensive service history.

In the last 3000 kms this vehicle has had following added or carried out

new gear knob oem
new gear gaitor oem
new grilles oem
new headlight surrounds oem
new bumper plastic strips front and rear oem
new clutch master cylinder oem
new clutch slave cylinder oem
new bosch wiper blades all round
new rear wiper arm oem
new plugs oem
new O2 sensor oem
new water temp sensor oem
new x2 coil packs oem

further to this the vehicle was taken to our very own MR. Farrell and he went through the car from end to end

under his gifted guidance the following was carried out which is all documented and photographed.

exhaust hangers replaced
MAF replaced
tensioner removed and upgraded s50b32
belts replaced
vaccum pipes repaired
cabin pollen filter replaced
plugs regapped as they were only 500kms old
new oem rear disks
hand brake shoes cleaned an refitted
near side front top mount replaced
valve clearences checked and adjusted

he then carried out a full inspection 2 and diagnostic check of vehicle
all fluids were changed
all linkages greased and adjusted
fuel filter changed

interior is very very clean with no rips burns etc

exterior is in outstanding condition with no dents or damage
no rust and maybe 3 stone chips

to quote FAZ "This is one of the best all round examples of narrow nose touring i have seen.The overall condition of this 3.8 M5 touring is high"

wheels are not kerbed or scraped and all tyres are 5mm plus

there are no leaks on suspension and no error messages/codes showing on cluster

The car drives as it should and pulls very well with no surging etc

load cover and cargo net still in boot and i have manuals and service book

I never planned to sell this car but an opportunity has come up with the E60 that i cant let go and subsequently i maintained this car and rectified the above viewing this car as a long term keeper

Iam a very very fussy man in terms of cars and this description is 100% accurate .

price is £ 7795 or very very nearest offer

This in my opinion is a bargain as the work above constitutes a third of the asking price alone.Find a touring for 5k and spend the 2k plus on it and it wouldnt be half the car this is i assure you.

car has MOT and tax

please dont take offence as its not meant but i dont require the money to make my next purchase and this car will not be given away.

i do not want a p/x

Serious enquiries only please

If you are in the market for a touring then you will be hard pushed to find better imho.

07968 894062 Car is located in the midlands

Thanks

jon

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Too cheap Jon...please raise your asking price to at least 10k.............Lovely car

Reactions: farrell

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Is that a CSL hiding in your garage....?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Too cheap Jon...please raise your asking price to at least 10k.............Lovely car
I totally agree with Steve on this !

More so since you don't require the funds for your next purchase.

Take your time and get what the cars really worth.

I'd admired your car in the past and if it had come up for sale before my eventual car ( Stevie Sam's ) I would have jumped at it.

All the best with the sale

Cheers

Erik

·
Registered
121 Posts
Agreed with those above.

Needs to be more than that.

Now, I just need to the wife about the sensible load lugger she wants.....

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Please, make it at least £10k so that I'm no longer as tempted - I've got 4 kebabs and a crate of beer to support you know :nono:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi all

I have had 6 people now say they are coming to view and not turned up.Why people do this i dont know but please can i ask that if you are not going to come let me know.One person was supposed to get off a plane from holland and didnt show when i arranged to collect them!!!The first person to see this car will buy it without any doubt.

price is now at 7000 pounds and is a bargain!!!

i need the space really as i have a fleet at present and i dont want any of them on the road

many thanks

jon

·
Registered
832 Posts
Too damn tempting !!

If I were resident in the U.K. I would buy it at the stated price without hesitating for a millisecond....a no-brainer IMHO ouich.

Hope she goes to a good home..and all the best once again.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Hi [email protected]
do you mind telling what the last 3 figures of the VIN are, 3 figures will do:M5thumbs: If you pefer to send me a private PM, please do !
This car is no doubt of interest for any M5touring-lover in Scandinavia but is
likely to be picked by somehow in the UK very quickly.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Iam amazed at the fact no one has come to look at my touring

loads of phonecalls but no one shows up!!!

Iam at a loss.This car is outstanding .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~£6000 no offers~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a proper bargain.

jon

·
Registered
298 Posts
Now this is a mystery to me.

Lemme explain my point of view:
What do I need in a fast efficient confortable car? a good engine, working AC, good seats, and NO HASSLES!

Now let's see, what has caused me grief and/or maintenance and/or worries?

-N'ring suspension
-double sunroof
-Sat nav
-Roof rails (slowly delaminating)
-Electric seats (headrests disengaging, switches to swap)

Now this car of Jon's has NONE of the above trouble-makers, yer has the exact same amount of luxury as mine, that you would not tell the difference when driving down the highway, AND have more performance, the car being lighter.
Jon, you have heard many Woulda coulda shouldas, but here's another: if I was in the european union, I would buy it in a second and sell ours to a collector for posterity, it being (arguably) the highest spec car around.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
If you can hold on to the car for a little longer I would raise the price and be patient. Your car looks fantastic.

Also nice plate on the CSL!

Lovely stable
:cheers:

Lantz

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Hi Jon , unfortunately you seem to be experiencing a true enthusiast's greatest nightmare .

You spend a fortune getting your car right and nobody , other than yourself , places any additional value on it !

This , to me , explains why many traders sell cars that need attention and rely on the uninitiated not spotting the faults .

I would honestly consider finding a suitable place to store your lovely Touring and throw a blanket over her , knowing that you own a rare classic car that is not achieving a respectable price at the moment .

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I agree with the other guys here. 6k for that is giving it away mate.

Find somewhere to leave it for a while, put the price up and wait.

Unless of course you need to cash to put into the new M5?

Either way, people showing interest and not bothering to turn up without a phone call is just rude!

Good luck,

Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hi all

i need the space . i wont park any on the road or not under cover.

I have the e60 now paid for but its not with me yet as i cant accomodate it so its still with my mate who i bought it off until i have room

jon

·
Registered
832 Posts
If I had long term storage in the U.K. I'd transfer the funds tomorrow !

6k...? for a touring that Faz has worked on and set right ?

IMHO its worth at least 10k !

This must really be the offer of the decade!

Time to call up all my friends that have detached houses !!!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Jon

I agree with the others on this thread.

I think the price may be too low but that is your choice. Like you I am also selling my Touring after nearly 4 years of ownership. I have priced mine agressively based on the combination of the work done to the car and the condition of the car.

But after a drive today I think I may be renting another garage to keep the car for a longer period of time if I do not sell it before I have to do the next round of maintenance.

While the idea of keeping the car was not the original thing as like you I could do with the space for a new arrival,but I think that these cars are fantastic and really deserve more.

I will not be giving the car away.

Simon

PS my favorite question is "what is your best price ?" - Maybe instead of the polite annswer I should answer 50p and a conker....and no I will not be taking that either!!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
This is an absolute bargain. I have known this car for quite some time and it is definately one of the best I have seen.

It puts my own late 3.8 6 speed to shame in terms of bodywork.

Unfortunately the financial climate at this moment for fuel thirsty cars, be it classic or not, is bad.

Good luck with the sale Jon.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts