BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are many threads about replacing the standard dual Vane pump for the rear leveling system with a single Vane pump for an E34 535i but i wanted to make my own fresh tread how i changed it out.

First of all i replaced all the stock struts with a KW V2 coil over kit along the the wheel bearing, top bearings,all of the control arms including steering and stabilizer links. I also removed all the excess pipes, hoses and accumulators.

When i first got my pump it came without the mounting brackets from an E34 535i so i had to wait 2 more weeks becuz the single vane pump is a lot narrower.

Part number pump from a E34 535i. It was used with red ATF fluid.

Installation with all orginal hoses. U can see the suply hose needs to make a sharp turn and starts to fold. I made a test run and it worked normaly but i felt some stutter when i made a hard right turn at low speed.

Top view orgininal hose with single vane pump.

I wanted to keep the original reservoir so i adapted the original supply hose and extented it with a 535i supply hose and capped off the SLS return pipe.

Removed the left headlamp, pressure accumulator from the airbox and Activated Charcoal Filter for easy access what will be required to merge the hoses in alignment and correct length.

Top view new hose installed.

Bottom view with airbox installed. The hose does touch the plastic cap from the airbox but only just i felt no need to modify this.

The pressure hose just clears the motor mount when the V-belt is tight.

(dont mind the old hose)
Ive reused the old pulley there is a small difference in diameter but i forgot to measure it. The width is the same but the used belts for a 535i are 0.5mm wider. U cant use any of the original belts there both to short I think it cause the position of the pump that is rotated more outward. I have used a Gates belt 10x875 mm that fits pretty well with the tensioner bolt almost in the middle. I will keep using CHF11s oil that is what the system is used to.

I hope i made this readable with my bad english.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very nice job, i was thinking to do it too when i'll install some coilovers. When removing the rear accumulators do you need something else to install the new coilovers? Will the pump fit Plug n play? Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Can you tell me where you bought the new hose for the m30 pump? Is it a special model ?

Thanks.
Got this hose from the dealer its should be 32411135313. Its just an original low pressure hose to feed the pump from a e34 535i. U could use any hose with an that supports a 16x22 mm holow bolt but this one curves up pretty good toward the airbox.

Very nice job, i was thinking to do it too when i'll install some coilovers. When removing the rear accumulators do you need something else to install the new coilovers? Will the pump fit Plug n play? Thanks
U wont need anything special maybe only some other type of guide supports but i recommend u get new ones anyway cuz there cheap and they need to be installed anyway. Pump will fit but it aint plug and play if u read my first post u know what to look out for (brackets, hose belt).

I could also recommend u to buy new gaskets for the pump especially for those (like me) who get the pump and bracket separately because the bolts for mounting the brackets also keep the pump together. I have seen kits on ebay but if i order original ones there cheaper 32411135880 im not sure if this also gots the shaft seal. I didn't order a set cuz I didn't know it was put together this way its not very logical.

Amazon.com: Genuine BMW Power Steering Pump Gasket Rebuild Kit (E30 Euro) E31 E32 E34: Automotive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts