BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

e34 m5 or e60 530d

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Crash & Burn 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi need a bit of help.I have an e60 530d as my dayle driver and love it but i always liked e34s. now i have just bougth a e34 m5 it has been parked up for 11years yes 11years just left their to die but now i have it. its an 1990 3.6 neads a bit of tlc but one must go but dont know witch

#2 ·
Well, There are 2 sides of this. You have 1 car that is practical and 1 car that is opposite of practical. You then have one car born into a thoroughbred of racing history and one that is not.

Where do you stand? Once you have decided to keep the e60, sell the other quickly.

If you decide to keep the car that is pre computer controlled shifting and limitless other electro limitations and show it some caring, loving and some attitude it can reward you like no other M car can. It is a sedan that feels raw and it performs as M was supposed to perform.

I have owned and daily driven an E46 M3 prior to my E34 M5. And I would laugh at the thought of even swapping back. NO WAY will I choose to sell my M5 or trade it. It is my unborn sons birthright. I actually LOVE this car. Do you feel that way about your E60?

#3 · (Edited)
The fact you have to ask means you either aren't committed to getting the e34 to its former glory or you have not had the full pleasure of one of these, I could be wrong but my experience has me spending, (some say waste I disagree:biggrinbounce:) thousands on her and not even questioning my outlay.

The e34 will be a lot more money to run as a daily driver but will be a much much more rewarding drive around some of those Irish roads. Are you not able to get classic car insurance over there?

The e60 is a great car and will return 40 mpg the e34 just won't give that type of economy. What the e34 will do is get under your skin in a way the e60 will never do. If the e34 is stil in relatively good condition get it going and drive it then decide.

Reactions: Crash & Burn
#4 ·
I cannot add much to what the knowledgable guys above have said , other than , an E34 M5 can actually benefit from being driven regularly and will certainly make your life more exciting and eventful than an E60 530D !

It all depends on your specific tastes and requirements .......... The E34 M5 is the one for me !

D

#7 ·
The E34 will leave you lying in bed a night wondering 2 things. If something horribly wrong is going to happen to it mechanically, or how much more you can spend to make it nicer and or prevent something from going wrong...either way I have to agree with steve mac, i spend all of my money on the car, and never think twice about it. And when i say all of my money, i mean all of it. Im a 20 year old college student....get the idea

#13 ·
The opposite:):)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.