BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gents,

As a direct result of the last three year’s big success stories, there will be another "Tour of the Alpes 2005". This time it will take us again through the breathtaking splendour of Austria, the lonlely passes of the Dolomites and the pittoresque landscape of Switzerland. We will conquer once again the most famous and notorious passes of the Alpes. We will stop at the most beautiful points and enjoy its marvellous views. We will spend the nights in charming hotels in the midst of lovely landscapes. And foremost, we will talk about our one passion: the E34 M5.

To get a good impression of such a tour, visit last year’s travel diary with pictures and all (links see at end of post).

Details:

Friday: Meeting point and start of the tour (day 1) is in Munich Germany at noon Friday, September 16th 2005.

We are currently trying to arrange visiting the BMW "Mobile Tradition", after which we will drive to Reutte in Tirol. Once each and everyone has arrived in Reutte and has taken his room we start with the ‚get-to-know-dinner’.

Saturday: On September 17th (day 2) the real thing starts! We will be driving together in 2-3 speed groups and crossing some passes on the way to Bormio. While driving, we have planned to stop several times at the most beautiful places (mostly on the passes) to do some photo shots, smalltalk or just enjoy the scenery.

Highlights for the Saturday route will be Hahtenjoch (1894mtr), the Timmelsjoch (2506mtr), the Penserjoch (2215mtr) and the Passo di Gavia (2645mtr).

Sunday: Quite early in the morning on Sunday (day 3), we will leave our hotel and drive over some additional wonderful passes in the Dolomites, later crossing the border to Switzerland, where some more passes wait for us. We will have our last dinner in Glarus (CH) on Sunday evening.

Highlights for Sunday are the Berninapass (2318mtr), the Spligenpass (2115mtr) and the Klaussenpass (1914mtr)

The conditions:

Cars: Only "BMW E34 M5" are welcome

Subscription: With the payment of EUR 200.- per car for the first two nights including breakfast, the subscription is final (the rest of the money will be paid back during the meeting in cash). The payment account information can be received after writing en email to [email protected]

Subscription period: The period is open from now on until 15 cars have subscripted (first come, first served) or until 15. June 11:59 p.m.

Car security: The car has to have brakes, tires and shock absorbers in very good conditions, ‘cause the Alps roads urge the car to brake hard and often!

Exclusion: The organisation committee subjects to change without notice the subscription of a car or/and a driver, if it detects or suggests a security violation at any time.

Behaviour: This is NO car race, but a friends of E34 M5 owners tour on offical roads. So speed limites have to be obeyed.

If you would like to subscribe, if you have questions or hints, please contact us via email at [email protected]

See This write up For last years report.

Also on behalve of my fellow OC members:

·
Registered
73 Posts
i would love to go! just ahve to see what my scheduke looks like for that time frame i will let you know if i can go as soon as i know.

Shawn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts