BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asking about some midwest owners recently and tirefryer showed us a pic of his car http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=8639
I was wondering where I could find those similar pieces for the front bumper? He thought bavauto but Ive checked and they dont seem to have them. Does anyone know what these are and where they come from?

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
I think they look kinda cool, but they wouldn't work for me since I have a sloped driveway and use ramps to change oil and get under the car etc.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
redl1nerpm said:
I was asking about some midwest owners recently and tirefryer showed us a pic of his car http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=8639
I was wondering where I could find those similar pieces for the front bumper? He thought bavauto but Ive checked and they dont seem to have them. Does anyone know what these are and where they come from?
Poor next owner. Will cost a lot of time to turn in to a decent car again.

·
Registered
122 Posts
the are at bav auto sports, but under the e34 5 series NOT E34 M5...I just checked.

as the NEW OWNER of this car, I love the splitter look and they do protect my front bumper from scraps and I have already had a few going into my garage alone! way cheaper and easier to replace the splitters than the entire from bumper. also, if I did need to remove or replace the splitters, it'd take all of maybe 15 min to do so...hence not any $$$ and only 15 min of my time ;)
hope this helps redl1nerpm

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stevie said:
Poor next owner. Will cost a lot of time to turn in to a decent car again.
if 15 minutes is a lot of time.......

I picked up the car yesterday and now that Ive actually seen it in person Im not sure if I would get them. It looks more aggresive in person then I thought it would..

·
Registered
122 Posts
"Why don't you just glue the tops of your garbage cans to the underside of your bumper?

it will accomplish the look you are going for, and will be very inexpensive to boot!

Beej"

What's up with all the disrespect? As induvidual people, can't we and don't we all have different tastes, likes and dislikes? I pray we do, else if we were carbon copies of each other, this world would be a nasty place to be! Who is to dictate what looks good on MY car? Let me see here, I paid good hard earned $$$ for it, not my mommy or daddy, so I believe I get to DECIDE how I want MY CAR to look :) What a novel idea! ding ding ding!!! Look, if I want to paint my M5 hot pink with rainbow colored polka dots b/c that's what I think would appeal to me, well then, let me be. No one is MAKING you look at my car and to agree with me.

He made the thread seeking help...well then, let's help the man get some help and solve his problem. if you don't want to or can't help, go to another thread and contribute if you can...positively. He didn't ask for opinions, rather how to find something.

Overall, thia board has been a tremendous info source and has guided me in a lot of scenarios and decisions I have had to make. for this I am thankful, and for the most part, everyone on the forum rox, and I appreciate all such individuals :D

Happy ///Motoring peeps...

·
Registered
970 Posts
I think most people cherish the E34 M5 in its original spec ........... however, you are absolutely right; 'One mans peach is another mans poison'. And with this in mind please find a website for those of you who need a little inspiration?

http://www.topgear.com/content/timetoburn/sections/carbage/pages/0408/

TireFryer said:
"Why don't you just glue the tops of your garbage cans to the underside of your bumper?

it will accomplish the look you are going for, and will be very inexpensive to boot!

Beej"

What's up with all the disrespect? As induvidual people, can't we and don't we all have different tastes, likes and dislikes? I pray we do, else if we were carbon copies of each other, this world would be a nasty place to be! Who is to dictate what looks good on MY car? Let me see here, I paid good hard earned $$$ for it, not my mommy or daddy, so I believe I get to DECIDE how I want MY CAR to look :) What a novel idea! ding ding ding!!! Look, if I want to paint my M5 hot pink with rainbow colored polka dots b/c that's what I think would appeal to me, well then, let me be. No one is MAKING you look at my car and to agree with me.

He made the thread seeking help...well then, let's help the man get some help and solve his problem. if you don't want to or can't help, go to another thread and contribute if you can...positively. He didn't ask for opinions, rather how to find something.

Overall, thia board has been a tremendous info source and has guided me in a lot of scenarios and decisions I have had to make. for this I am thankful, and for the most part, everyone on the forum rox, and I appreciate all such individuals :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TireFryer said:

Beej"

Thank you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Their may be only about 10,000 of these cars in the world, and 1500 in the states, but this is why people like us buy the M5. Its unique. Its why I bought it and not an e36 M3, or a corvette.

If Beej wants to follow the crowd, he should just move here to the US and go buy a Ford Mustang and blend into the scenery...

Happy Motoring!

·
Registered
687 Posts
While we are on the subject of splitters..

Can some of you figure out a way to messure the reduction (hopefully) in aerodynamic lift, when installing and/or adjusting splitters?
I want to install a splitter on my trackcar, but i have been unable to figure out howto messure if and how well it works (without paying for windtunnel time that is :))

1 - 14 of 14 Posts