BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Appears to be a sound story

Just that you'd need to be really wanting a 20j to fork out that money..Not saying it isnt worth it though, I think E34 M5's are gravely undervalued as it is, especially set off against E30 M3' or W124 E500e's

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Lovely car, price isnt too bad considering mileage and the fact that its a 20 jahre.

The one for sale in Sweden was advertised for 20k.

500E's really hold their price well, but i was not impressed with the drive at all. Was about to buy one before I drove the M5, no comparison! But they do look great with a set of Brabus Monoblock III's!

·
2,941 Posts
Hey Ray,

I checked MP only yesterday and didn't find early in the evening, so the add is fresh from the press.

Nice find. I happen to know this car as the son of the current owner introduced himself on the German forum back in 2004. Needless to say that he provided the VIN to proove that it was a genuine 20 Jahre M, but in fact it isn't. This conclusion caused some grief, after which we lost track of it. Up untill now. Nevertheless it is closely related to the 20 Jahre M as it suposedly has been manufactured for the Dusseldorf car show in December 1991.

BTW: It's color is not Mugellorot, but Brilliant-rot (308).

·
Registered
904 Posts
The VIN on this one is GD62228. Built in 2/92 (20 Jahre Motorsport were all built in 10/92).

The Individual data says:

= Schl. Nr. 0903 für Ausstellungsfahrzeug
(Automobilsalon Genf)
- Varta-Batterie
- Bereifung Michelin

Z1XX Polster

= Innenausstattung Stoff/Amaretta schwarz, wie Schl.
Nr. 0475, jedoch Sitzmittelbahnen und Türspiegel in
Stoff anthrazit mit M-Symbolen, gem. B 8016.E
- Restumfang (Recaro-Sitze, Holzblenden) gem. B 8016.E
Teilebereitstellung durch ZS-F-5

0940 Sonderwunsch

= BMW Autotelefon C-Netz, wie Schl. Nr. 0621, jedoch
o h n e Telefon-Heckantenne
- Autotelefon-Dachantenne C-Netz, Hirschmann MCA 75935,
Sach-Nr. 2 131 991, gem. B 9037.D
- Freisprechanlage für Autotelefon, wie Schl. Nr. 0624

I don't read dutch very well, does the owner claim that it is a genuine 20 Jahre Motorsport? Or just a car similar to the 20J?

·
Registered
7,656 Posts
He claims that this is the real one.
Oh dear ......fair enough when it's an innocent mistake ......not so creditable when he actually knows otherwise !

It's amazing what the pursuit of money will lead some people to do !

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
We have gone thru all of this once before when the car was first introduced to the German E34 M5-forum in 2004. If it is -GD62228- (I need to check my records = I arrived back home only this morning at hrs 03.00 from a weeks holiday:cheers:) then it is a BMW-exhibition-car, built for the GENEVA-CAR-SHOW in March 1992 !!
Apparently the car was also used for the photo-sessions for the broschure-pictures of the "20 Jahre" > and that is why it has a 01/20-plague ??? or is
someone trying to pretend ??? either way = interesting car, although it is NOT
the real thing, still........lovelove
-
[email protected], please try to keep track of it and if only for Richard, as you speak
the local-language and are not so far away from it....:M5thumbs:

·
2,941 Posts
[email protected], please try to keep track of it and if only for Richard, as you speak the local-language and are not so far away from it....:M5thumbs:
Kalle,

Obviously you didn't have the chance to read all your Emails, but I am already on to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts