BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Purchased this car overseas, Anyone have any info about this car? 1990 Hartge E34, I think it says HII5SP(H25SP) on the trunk lid. has Hartge Serial number and model number plate on right inner fender, Hartge modified engine, wheels, strut bar, etc. any info would be greatly appreciated. Prevoisly posted but no reply's, can someone help me out? Thank You Brian

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Looks like it was based on a 535, with upgraded engine parts, suspension, exhaust and wheel etc. Do you know the engine output on yours?

Here in the UK Birds http://www.birdsauto.com/

are the Hartge masters and if you email them they may well be able to help you track the history of your car from Germany.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Yes I have e-mailed them, but haven't heard back from them yet. Thanks for your info Brian

·
Registered
295 Posts
My M5 is allegedly a Hartge Edition which I also imported from Japan to Australia. The only Hartge parts that I can see are the rear spoiler and this plate that is attached near the rear cigarette lighter.

The seriel number is the reverse of the last 7 digits of my VIN number.

When I contacted Hartge in Germany, they told that they don't have any records for Hartge in Japan, and to contact them.

I have tried to contact Hartge Japan but the language barrier was too great. I think they were trying to tell me they have no records for 1990 etc. But I could be wrong.

Be interested to see how you go.

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My buyer has contacted Hartge Japan and is waiting to hear back from them. I think the vehicle originated in Europe and was then shipped to Japan. It was listed at auction as a 1994, this would be the first date of register in Japan. Checked BMW vin it is a 1990 build date, so I am sure this is a gray market vehicle that was originally purchased somewhere else. Thanks Brian:byee55amg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts