BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Didnt know about this. I don't think mine has-had it when I painted the whole car.

·
Registered
156 Posts
that is nice...
message to the future...

Wich part of bumper we should take off to see it ??:typing:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Seeing this thread, I went looking and found a date and initials on my Sterling Silver car. Even though my car has been resprayed once, the grease pencil markings showed through.

I heard from other sources the engine block is also signed. Anyone able to confirm this?

·
Registered
900 Posts
This is the only sign of a signature I could find on mine. No date makes me wonder. Maybe it was a Friday and he was in a rush to get to the pub. :dunno:

Anyone seen a similar one?

·
Registered
3,725 Posts

The signature on my front bumper is almost gone , eaten away by 20+ years exposure to rain and road spray.

My M5 is being repainted at the moment but we've put a cover over the signature to protect it from being accidentally sprayed over.

·
Registered
900 Posts
After I looked at it a couple times I kinda thought the same thing. :( I have a feeling that mine was covered a while ago.

·
Registered
900 Posts
My car doesn't have it either, original front bumper got trashed long before I got the car. :(
It really sucks because this is the second E34 M5 I have owned and neither had their signatures in tacts. :( First one was very rough so it was sort of expected and this one it seems was kept up much better. To the point where they kept fresh paint on the bumpers. ouich

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
SpecRaceM5
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing