BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if this is the correct section but I understand the auxiliary drive belts on my E34 B10 BiTurbo are standard 535i items therefore -

I've encountered a problem when changing my alternator/steering pump/air con drive belts on my Bi Turbo. I ordered replacements from ECP with the alternator one being 1055mm but a "cogged" item, making it too long - well, tensioned correctly would mean the adjustment on the alternator bracket would be at its limit. The belt I took off is slightly cogged but more like the old "V" type which is smooth on the driven surface with only slight "cogging" on it. The power steering one was slack and is a fully cogged type as is the air con one.

Do I need to get correct V type from my BMW Alpina dealer or a shorter cogged one (say 1000mm) from my local motor factors. Maybe I'm even trying to fit the wrong thing altogether.

Thanks for reading. It took me two hours to get the belts off, about an hour & a half to get the air con one off on its own due to restricted access in the BT engine bay

Any help gratefully received

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi, try these ECP numbers: 202774115, 202110045 and 202440145. These are what i bought last time but i did have to return 202110165 for some reason. The old ones should have the dimensions printed but could have worn off,

MIKE.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, cheers!

The ECP part no. 202774115 belt is the one supplied for the alternator and is too long, it is the one they list for the 535i

I did have a look on the side of the belts for lengths but they are all illegible.

I'll carefully measure the belt I removed & try the motor factors

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts