BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I own a 2 E34 M5's, but had a recent opportunity to purchase a B10 Bi-Turbo, low KM's(under 80k), Immaculate condition, no leather. any ideas on price? Thanks Brain

·
Registered
669 Posts
Brian do you know the number on the B10? Alpina's number and asking price?just curious

thanks

·
Registered
714 Posts
Determining worth is a difficult thing with the BT. How badly do you want?

If you try your luck with Japanese auctions, they can range from CAD $18,000 to CAD $25,000. Expect to put in some money for perishables and renewables. How exacting a driver are you? I am and can tell you how much I have put into my car since buying it about 2 years ago.

For a BT which has had regular servicing performed (check for a thick stack of receipts) and many mileage issues addressed, I don't think you should expect to pay less than CAD $35,000.
This puts it significantly more than other great condition E34 M5s out there. About twice as expensive. Back to question #1: how badly do you want a BiTurbo?

On the other hand, once a BT is sorted out, I strongly feel it costs less to operate than an equivalent E34 M5. That's my opinion only. The E34 M5 is much more exciting aurally than a BT but not as fast and stock for stock, will never be as fast as a BT. If you drive long distances regularly, the BT is a superior car. If you track, the M5 is better and more rewarding. The BT is more quiet and refined. The BT is also harder to re-sell.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Back to question #1: how badly do you want a BiTurbo?

On the other hand, once a BT is sorted out, I strongly feel it costs less to operate than an equivalent E34 M5. That's my opinion only. The E34 M5 is much more exciting aurally than a BT but not as fast and stock for stock, will never be as fast as a BT. If you drive long distances regularly, the BT is a superior car. If you track, the M5 is better and more rewarding. The BT is more quiet and refined. The BT is also harder to re-sell.
hehe well said,,

imo the BT is a true sophisticated muscle-car or a gentle speed-locomotive,,
even today,, unbeliveble topspeed

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi I own a 2 E34 M5's, but had a recent opportunity to purchase a B10 Bi-Turbo, low KM's(under 80k), Immaculate condition, no leather. any ideas on price? Thanks Brain
I see you are from Richmond, BC. There are 3 BiTurbos in town that I know of, mine, puppypilgrim's and one other in Vancouver.

If you are buying from someone in Canada who has already imported it, expect to pay north of $35K. If you are doing the importing yourself, then I would expect an immaculate example to be in the range of 18,000 euros assuming its coming from Europe. If its an auction car from Japan, then probably less, but its a bit of crap shoot.

Cheers,

Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts