·
Registered
669 Posts
brand new :thumbsup:

Thomas

·
Registered
669 Posts
........ unfortunately, was obstructed only one M60B40 in the ALPINA, not even 4.4 ltr.

On Tuesday I could fetch mine 4.6 ltr ALPINA engine at a friend.

He has metal head gaskets and changes goodies obstructed.

Yesterday also the state coach has been transferred by the varnisher in the garage.

Pictures follow..................:thumbsup:

cheers Thomas

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi guys, stumbled over this thread. Like to tell you my wife is the owner of the only B10 4,6 Touring Switchtronic E34 1995 in Sweden. No. 9 of 19 built. We bought the car in Germany in 1997. The condition of the car is like new. Fixed it up last winter with new chocks, stiffer sway bars front and rear, a camber and toe adjuster kit and more stuff. It will easily hit the 270 kph mark on the Autobahn, not always liked by the police in this country of too many rules and regulations.

Alpina-Archive | Car Profile: BMW Alpina B10 4.6 Touring #09

Ake

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi Ake, and welcome to the thread.

These are indeed rare cars and after having discovering this thread quite some years ago I recently became the 2nd owner of car number 16, the only RHD car ever made. I posted some photo's here; http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/alpinaboard-com-bmw-alpina-discussion/148681-factory-rhd-alpina-b10-4-6-switchtronic-touring-e34.html and there are more here; theALPINAregister.com :: View topic - B10 4.6 Touring.

The whereabouts of only a few of these cars is now known;

1 and 14 are with Rainer_B12 (Most Alpina Number 1's are with Rainer :haha:)
Number 8 is with schlumpf-nu undergoing extensive restoration
Number 9 is with you, Strosek Ultra
Number 16 is with me, Sharkfan
Number 19 was for sale in Japan in late 2010 but was already sold when someone from the board enquired about it.

There are no photographs or information about cars 3, 7 and 12 on the alpina archive page; Alpina-Archive | Archive: BMW Alpina B10 4.6 Touring

Cars 5, 8, 10 and 13 are manual gearbox cars - one of the missing cars (3, 7 and 12) is also a manual gearbox car - leaving 14 switchtronic cars, including yours and mine.

Have you any more pictures of your car to post here? We like pictures :1:

Sharkfan

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hi,

only 4 vehicles with manual gearbox were delivered, statement ALPINA

Cheers Thomas

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sometimes Alpina can be incorrect ;)
I'm quite sure there were 5 with manual gearbox.
Your'e sure???? yawnnnn

Thomas

·
Registered
669 Posts
........ in a mail of ALPINA 4 pieces were called to me.

Thomas

·
Registered
669 Posts
:prof::dont:
Oke :cheers:

........... if I am once more in Buchloe, I will visit with Mrs. Greiner the archives and count myself :biggrinbounce:

Thomas

·
Registered
332 Posts
Oke :cheers:

........... if I am once more in Buchloe, I will visit with Mrs. Greiner the archives and count myself :biggrinbounce:

Thomas
I am not the Oracle on this but Stephan went through alot of searching before posting this

I have the VIN:s of four HK31 that has Alpina code + one more that are in fact an Alpina B10 4,6 Touring 6speed E34 that ain't is one of the four with Alpina code = five cars made. I have VIN of all others Alpina E34 Touring 4,0 and 4,6 too:)

GB45222-941024 Individual Daytonaviolett metallic/Anthrazit flockvelour (exchanged to Alpina stoff at Buchloe) black headliner, M-mirrors, ASC+T this car... Alpina-Archive — The Unofficial BMW Alpina homepage - since 1998 — B10 4.6 Touring #05

GB45229-941103 Petrol-Mica metallic/Anthrazit Flockvelour without passanger seat from BMW (has Alpina seats with black leather now) black headliner, M-Mirrors, ASC+T this car... Alpina-Archive — The Unofficial BMW Alpina homepage - since 1998 — B10 4.6 Touring #08

GB45286-950117 Individual Daytonaviolett metallic/Individual Volleder Buffalo Anthrazit, black headliner, M-mirrors and ordered without factory wood = different door panels and dashboard this car... Alpina-Archive — The Unofficial BMW Alpina homepage - since 1998 — B10 4.6 Touring #10

Than we have this one... Alpina-Archive — The Unofficial BMW Alpina homepage - since 1998 — B10 4.6 Touring #13 that doesn't have a Alpina code or Alpina parts put in at BMW, see the RHD car for the Individual data. LHD cars have also code 920 Alpina Without registration document. This car should be GB45394-950707 Cosmosschwarz metallic/Bison Leder Schwarz with black headliner from factory, everything else is correct to the equipment lists only one thing is not correct, GB45394 had M-mirrors from factory. Only 25 HK31 had black headliner from factory. Of them four has Alpina code.

The most special have I never seen pictures of or know were it is;

GB45392-950711 Cosmosschwarz metallic/Individual Volleder Buffalo Anthrazit + dashboard and upper parts of the door panels in Leder Nappa Schwarz, Headliner in Nubuk leather with A, B and C-pillars in Nappa Schwarz, Vogelaugenhorn Graphit wood trim, M-mirrors and never heard of on an Alpina. It's ordered with M Technik Spoilerpaket!! This car is my favorit Alpina :)

Not so hard to understand since I really like 540i/6 E34 which is what E34 Alpina B10 4,0/4,6 6speed also are:) Why bother with anything else :)

Stephan
on this thread, http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/alpinaboard-com-bmw-alpina-discussion/148681-factory-rhd-alpina-b10-4-6-switchtronic-touring-e34.html

Reading through this it seems there are 4 definite Alpina cars and one that may or may not be.............

Perhaps Stephan will return to confirm all of this :3:

·
Administrator
8,804 Posts
I worked together with Stefan on this - our data is synchronised.
Stefan obtained data via one route and I went through another route.

There are 1 or 2 oddities that we're still clarifying - one of which was your RHD example - but it seems certain there were 5 manuals built.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I worked together with Stefan on this - our data is synchronised.
Stefan obtained data via one route and I went through another route.

There are 1 or 2 oddities that we're still clarifying - one of which was your RHD example - but it seems certain there were 5 manuals built.
After just a little bit of cleaning through the 16 years of under bonnet grime and dirt I discovered uncovered the Alpina chassis plate! Also an original Castrol Oil recommendation sticker.

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
Bump for any updates from schlumpf-nu on car number 8...

Or pictures from Strosek Ultra of car number 9.....

·
Registered
669 Posts
....... no news of the No. 8 :-(( :Thumbdown:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I am not the Oracle on this but Stephan went through alot of searching before posting this

on this thread, http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/alpinaboard-com-bmw-alpina-discussion/148681-factory-rhd-alpina-b10-4-6-switchtronic-touring-e34.html

Reading through this it seems there are 4 definite Alpina cars and one that may or may not be.............

There are still some questions about certain cars most around the two last cars.

There were four HK31 (LHD 540iT/6 E34) with code S920 Alpina without registration documents, GB45222, GB45229, GB45286 and GB45392. GB45394 (built after GB45392) doesn't have code S920 and there were no other with code S920.

With your new records Kees you should be able to confirm that GB45394 and GB45392 were infact Alpinas otherwise the question about this two HK31 still exist. The strange one is GB45392 did it leave Alpina with M Technic Spoilers which were a Individual option for E34 Touring by BMW and if it didn't why were it ordered with them. But GB45394 is also strange it is a Individual car ordered with black roof lining and M mirrors, the mirrors are gone and replaced with standard mirrors IF it's that car. Can you clear this questions Kees?

Regards Stephan

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
There are still some questions about certain cars most around the two last cars.

There were four HK31 (LHD 540iT/6 E34) with code S920 Alpina without registration documents, GB45222, GB45229, GB45286 and GB45392. GB45394 (built after GB45392) doesn't have code S920 and there were no other with code S920.

With your new records Kees you should be able to confirm that GB45394 and GB45392 were infact Alpinas otherwise the question about this two HK31 still exist. The strange one is GB45392 did it leave Alpina with M Technic Spoilers which were a Individual option for E34 Touring by BMW and if it didn't why were it ordered with them. But GB45394 is also strange it is a Individual car ordered with black roof lining and M mirrors, the mirrors are gone and replaced with standard mirrors IF it's that car. Can you clear this questions Kees?

Regards Stephan
The DAKAR B8 touring was ordered oem with M-tech

·
Registered
168 Posts
161 - 180 of 329 Posts