BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
According to Mr Janne's site they were produced , like 46 cars at all ... i mean all the B10 4.6s , i don't know how many tourings , but definitely they were made... maybe Mr Janne can help here...

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think the Alpjna E34 V8 was a 4.0L, but I'm not sure. But this is one hell of a car ! The ultimate sleeper !

Martin

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
JetBoy said:
Here it is:

This is still faster than the M5 touring...
No its not but it is very close. To my knowledge the E34 B19 had an 4 ltr V8 engine with 315 Hp, and was only delivered with autobox.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Erik said:

No its not but it is very close. To my knowledge the E34 B19 had an 4 ltr V8 engine with 315 Hp, and was only delivered with autobox.
B10 3.5: 572 units made , 5 speed or 4-speed auto
254 Hp
325 Nm

B10 4.0 V8 : 49 units produced , 6 speed or 5speed auto
315 hp
410 Nm

B10 4.6 V8: 46 units produced , 6 speed or swich tronic
the same engine as B8 but with different exhaust
340 hp
480 Nm

B10 3.0 Allrad: 64 sedans , 70 tourings
231 hp
290 (?) Nm

B10 BiTurbo: 507 made
360 hp
520 Nm

All of them were produced as tourings expect the BiTurbo
The 4.6 was meant to be BiTurbo's replacement and it's probably faster than E34 M5

·
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments. If the E34 B10 4.6 exists in a touring, then only a handfull examples exist.

Would make a nice daily driver for me in a couple of years.

TAke care,

Raymond

Erik said:

·
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
447 Posts
It's a close match , but still the switchtornic B10 4.6 makes standing 1km faster... if the alpina was equipped with manual gearbox it would have been no contest IHMO...
The B10 4.6 is a very nice car Raymond , but didn't you think about switching it for the E39 body?
:cheers:

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
para22 said:
The B10 4.6 is a very nice car Raymond , but didn't you think about switching it for the E39 body?
:cheers:
I like the V8 in the E34 body...it's more restrained than the E39 body...

·
Registered
447 Posts
keesdh said:

I like the V8 in the E34 body...it's more restrained than the E39 body...
I know , i love the E34 , but they're just.... old .... and it's hard to find ones that are in perfect condition and have low milage...:(

That's why the car to get to get now is the E39 M5 , or the E46 M3... maybe if you can live with slush box you can get alpina B10 V8 touring or Alpina 7-series with 5.7 or 6.0...

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
there's one for sale over here at Munich Legends,
Red, with Oatmill leather interior, auto. etc, sounds the part to me, and it's cheaper than the M5 touring they have.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The E39 leaves me cold; fast yes but sooooo bland. I'd rather have an E34 than an E39 anyday! I find the steering on the E39 M5 detached. The E34 M5 was more detached than the E28 but remained acceptable.

I have not tried an E39 Alpina but imagine nothing changes , even though the 6 cyl cars have a rack not a box.

I replaced my trusty E23 735 with a 525 tourer last week, having tried an E39 touring.

Even at 5 years old the E34 feels better built than a nearly new E39!

(in case you are worried the E23 has only been retired from daily duty and will be tidied up and added to the collection!)

·
Registered
871 Posts
richardDG said:
The E39 leaves me cold; fast yes but sooooo bland. I'd rather have an E34 than an E39 anyday! I find the steering on the E39 M5 detached. The E34 M5 was more detached than the E28 but remained acceptable.

I have not tried an E39 Alpina but imagine nothing changes , even though the 6 cyl cars have a rack not a box.

I replaced my trusty E23 735 with a 525 tourer last week, having tried an E39 touring.

Even at 5 years old the E34 feels better built than a nearly new E39!

(in case you are worried the E23 has only been retired from daily duty and will be tidied up and added to the collection!)
Oh yes, I love the E23s. Still one of the best engineered cars around.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Gustav said:
The B10 4,6 Touring exists. I have seen one when I was in Berlin in 1995 for sale at the BMW dealer there. It had SwitchTronic.

I even wrote about that car on my old page:

http://home1.swipnet.se/~w-19495/Konk.htm

Too bad it's not that fast and I wouldn't prefeer the SwitchTronic.
Small world, Gustav!
I also just remembered that car. BMW Kurfurstendamm, right? I was actually close to buying it! Finally, I went for a 750i (approx. same price as I remember) instead. Can't remember the colour, can you?

·
Registered
871 Posts
johann said:

Well built perhaps but by no means well engineered.

Cheers,
/Johan
Hmmm, I should start looking for a spanish speaking Alpina board. The English I learnt in the school is sooo poor ! :( Sorry !

Did I say something you don't like/agree ?

Regards.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,096 Posts
JetBoy said:

Hmmm, I should start looking for a spanish speaking Alpina board. The English I learnt in the school is sooo poor ! :( Sorry !

Did I say something you don't like/agree ?

Regards.
Don't worry, your english is at least as good as mine. :)
I just don't think the E23 was well engineered.

To me well engineered indicates that has very good technical solutions wheter well built that it is well put together. T

IMO, the E23 wasn't a very good car but it was still well built.
Others may have different opinions.

Cheers,
/Johan

1 - 20 of 329 Posts