BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people I own a 1985 bmw m5 e28 and it's 100% stock, but the only issue i have right now is the radio which he doesn't work,
i don't really get anything related with electronics. The radio dont catch any fm station, is only make noise of a tv without sign.
If someone had the same issue please give me some tips, I dont want to buy a new radio system, like I said I want the car 100% stock
Thanks anyway. Sorry my poor english

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah :) I also buy a new one also from bmw and nothing.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, after 25 years electronics do tend to give up. Something might have fried, or some bad solder joints, who knows ? Is it still the original unit ?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Which radio is fitted in your car? Ebay.de is full of used radios with BMW Brand.
Non my e28 the trouble was the antenna cable, which collapsed, leavimng me without radio.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, the all car is original, electronic and all. But the radio dont capt any station.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just a few thoughts:

On my previous E28, the original radio/cassette was a very expensive one - but the standard of fitting was bad. Try and trace all the cables.

Is the antenna grounded properly?

Is the antenna cable connected at the radio?

Like batmobile says - the antenna cable may be bad, or there could be an in-line connector somewhere between the radio and the antenna which is disconnected (?)

If the radio was fitted when the car was new then it is unlikely to have RDS, so the stations have to be manually tuned (I guess you know this....)

If the radio has manual tuning, there may be a mechanical fault within the radio where the tuning mechanism has become disconnected.

Hope you get it fixed....my car has the original radio, too!

Regards

Mfiver

1 - 7 of 7 Posts