BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to clean under the rear spoiler, so I decided to remove the six nut/washers under the trunk.Can't seem to get the spoiler to come off;was able to lift it up a little bit.One of the bolts on the right side is pretty oxidized(not pretty).Is there a way to remove the spoiler without damaging the trunk?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
toys r' us said:
I wanted to clean under the rear spoiler, so I decided to remove the six nut/washers under the trunk.Can't seem to get the spoiler to come off;was able to lift it up a little bit.One of the bolts on the right side is pretty oxidized(not pretty).Is there a way to remove the spoiler without damaging the trunk?
Thanks
It's also fixed down using double sided adhesive tape at the leading edges, and it's a real pain to remove. Shouldn't affect the paintwork though, but can leave residue on the panel. Be careful how the spoiler is removed, and you don't bend it too much.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Andy G

I may just leave the spoiler on and try to clean underneath it with a rag and a thin plastic ruler.As for the corroding threaded bolt I'll spray in some anti-corrosive coating.Hopefully that will slow it down.This is a great board-very informative and it's great to read all the enthusiastic posts from all these M5 drivers!
best to everyone!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts