BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont how many left hand drives there was i think it was about 2500 ,mine is a right hand drive

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I think he means to ask how many right hand drives were made....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Tony, is your car currently for sale on that global auction site?

·
Registered
471 Posts
My current research suggests that three of the 187 RHD/GB cars did not come to the UK - the chassis numbers are not recognised by BMW GB.

These were WBSDC920101679034, 079 and 150.

034 was built with a km/h speedometer and Press preparation. I suspect it may have been a "seed" car for the South African market, preceding the 96 cars built there from kits (?) or alternatively sent as a customer order to a territory such as Cyprus, though why it would then need Press preparation escapes me (it appears such cars were driven/run-in by the factory for about 1000 miles before release). However, the colour - Bronzitbeige metallic - sounds odd for a Press car.

This car also had option 780 - BMW LM-Rad/M Parallelspeiche (wheels - see other post).

The destination of the other two cars noted above is unknown.

Any information on these "missing" cars would be gratefully received.

Regards to all

Mfiver

·
Registered
928 Posts
love the color...I am not too crazy about white cars, but this is certainly the best I have seen..white on black, mmmmmmmm gotta love it, I'd trade in my black for yours! reminds me of a 'storm trooper', stealth white.very cool.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Very nice! White is a great color for this car - I wish they imported it to the US. I had an Alpine white '84 533i that I drove for 12 years. (had to give it up so I could get my M5.
:cheers:

tonym5 said:
click view my car ,i have taken some photos of my m5

1 - 10 of 10 Posts