BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and looking to buy my first classic BMW, my boy hood dream car a e28 M5, I noticed on Barons Auctions they have one coming up in an auction on 16th July. www.barons-auctions.com

I have done some research on this car and found it was in the Silverstone auctions in 2017 and sold for 29k. The car was also advertised by 4starclassics at some point.

Does anyone know this car? or have any views on it good or bad?

Appreciate your help, thanks Martin

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don’t know anything about this car but I have an 88 m5 black on tan I’ll let go. Pm if interested

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have heard about this car from my friend that its a good but don't have personal experience with it. but it depends on your usage if you will use just for a family car so its good option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We moved to a new city for a career change and I decided to sell all of my cars rather than mess with transporting. I had also decided to cut back on expenses as I fell victim to an extreme version of “life style creep”. So I used this time to scale back quite a bit. This was a pretty sad era for me because it meant that I had sold the perfect spec f80 m3 (alpine white, carbon roof, manual, competition package, cloth seats....no options). I had found myself owning a stable consisting of 2 4runners and a car that is so bland that it is offensive.....a silver lexus es350.
I decided that this needed to change and started searching for a car about 3 months ago. The top choices for me were a 996 c4s, a low mileage e36/e46/e92 m3, b7 rs4, and an e39 m5. I have owned a couple e28 m5s in the past but it was not on my radar this time as I felt like it was too hard to justify how expensive even poor examples have become.
Then this thing popped up for a very fair price and I quickly pulled the trigger. It has just north of 100k miles, all original paint and panels, and no rust. I do have a few items that i need to address but they are mostly cosmetic (tint, drivers seat wear, medium sized paint chip). The exhaust rattles so i need to replace the hangar. Other than that.....it’s a pretty good example. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss the speed/quickness of some of the cars that i used to own. However, while there are many cars that are substantially faster than the e28 m5: very few can touch the cool factor of this damn car.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and looking to buy my first classic BMW, my boy hood dream car a e28 M5, I noticed on Barons Auctions they have one coming up in an auction on 16th July. www.barons-auctions.com

I have done some research on this car and found it was in the Silverstone auctions in 2017 and sold for 29k. The car was also advertised by 4starclassics at some point.

Does anyone know this car? or have any views on it good or bad?

Appreciate your help, thanks Martin
Martin,

Appreciate that it's many months since you posted. Did you buy 015? I know a little about it but have no recent intel.

A little more recently, are you familiar with the auction results for the two DC92's that were sold at Brightwells in November last year?

Regards

Mfiver

1 - 7 of 7 Posts