BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
listed on ebay at the moment is an e28 hartge. i dont know how to post the link so could someone help out and add it to this thread...thanks!
i saw this car advertised a few months ago and did in fact bid on it, i went as far as i was prepared to go based upon the fact that i was taking a risk not knowing if it was genuine. however, the auction was won by someone and the reserve met.
i see it is on again with a different seller, but the same photos as last time. is this due to a problem with its providence? i have not contacted the seller as he makes it clear in his description that he has no supporting paperwork, and i seem to remember that the last time it was for sale the seller stating that there was paperwork to support the cars conversion.
does anyone know someone at birds who can tell us if this car is a genuine full hartge conversion? if it is, would that make it an H35? it would be interesting to know, as if it is genuine it is surely very rare and in need of saving...(obviously at the right price!!!).
any ideas anyone please?
thanks
DAVE

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kees said:
The car isn't worth much more than a regular 535i without supporting paperwork. The Hartge alloys are worth quite a bit I believe.

Link
thanks for the link kees! just say that this is genuine and we can find history to support this...what are we talking? it must be a rarety if it's real?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
h35 is a three series with the old e28 m5 engine not a 5 series you need to find out what engine the car has if it is just 535i it is worth three or four hundred pounds more thats all.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It would be a H5s or H5sp. One think worth to check if it has the Hartge valve cover. As it seems it wasn´t available separately, so if this car has got it, there´s a slim chance it´s the real deal.

m5 killer said:
h35 is a three series with the old e28 m5 engine not a 5 series you need to find out what engine the car has if it is just 535i it is worth three or four hundred pounds more thats all.
I think H35-24 is the model you´re refering to. H35 has got the 12 valve M30 engine.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
actually a h35 is the one with old e28 m5 engine, there never was any badge from hartge that said h35 24v, the ones with 12v engines were not full conversions just a few tweaks from hartge like exhaust and wheels, and then there was the h36 which had the 3.6 m5 engine from the e34, and one of the last ones made belongs to me h36 m3 cabrio.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I´ll have to disagree. The H23, H26 and H27 could be called not full conversions as they retained the M20 small six. The H28 and H35 used the 12v M30 big six. The H35-24 used the M88 motorsport six. Untuned at 286bhp in Germany, 330bhp for export. Could you please point me to where I could read about the H36, as I didn´t find anything about it. Certainly the germans seem to know nothing about it.

H35:

H35-24:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
well you should ring them and ask. here is spec for h36 based on e30 m3 to source a vehicle and convert would be in the order of 75000 euros. this includes m5 3.6l engine,5 speed sport gearbox, 40% limited slip differential, sport suspension kit including anti roll bar stabiliser, 302mm sport brakes, 17" wheels and tyres, 280 kph speedometer and 100l fuel tank. is that enough or do you want more i have all the paperwork in front of me from herbert hartge himself so if you still want to disagree phone them hope it helps.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Look, I never said the H36-24 didn´t exist. I just simply asked you if you could tell me where I could read about the car, as I havn´t heard of it before. I didn´t disagree about the H36, I disagreed about the H35&H35-24, which I proved right. So instead of arguing about the H36, prove me that the H35 is the one with the M88 engine, and that the H35-24 has never existed. If I would get that upset about being wrong, I would seriously consider on writing on forums all together......

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
nobodys getting upset its a debate and now its finished this section is for alpinas not hartge, so i hope we have given the person looking for info on his hartge enough of what he needs to know. and ps i had my wires crossed i was thinking of the h35 24v as the h35 my mistake thats why i said the if its got a 3.5i engine its not a full conversion if you know what i mean cherrsagai

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I have details of the H5's that Hartge produced based on the e28's, pm me and I'll see if I can scan the relevant details to you.

However there is anothr one on there now, an earlier X reg car 81 Hartge h5

This may be a better bet, although the price is a tad optimistic!

·
Registered
126 Posts
M5 killer:

I noticed while searching the site that in this thread http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/alpinaboard-com-bmw-alpina-discussion/54770-e28-hartge-does-anyone-know-car.html you mention that you have all the specs for the Hartge H36 (of which only a handful where built as far as I know, some even claim just one?).

I am currently trying to figure out more info about the H35-24v and the H36, especially regarding if Hartge did any modifications or reinforcements to the bodyshells of these cars. An article in German magazine "Sport fahrer" from 1985 claims that the front struts on the H35-24V where gusseted.

Do you have any documentation from hartge on these cars and if so, could you please send me a copy of it?

Thanks!

Best regards
Arne

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
M5 killer:

I noticed while searching the site that in this thread http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/alpinaboard-com-bmw-alpina-discussion/54770-e28-hartge-does-anyone-know-car.html you mention that you have all the specs for the Hartge H36 (of which only a handful where built as far as I know, some even claim just one?).

I am currently trying to figure out more info about the H35-24v and the H36, especially regarding if Hartge did any modifications or reinforcements to the bodyshells of these cars. An article in German magazine "Sport fahrer" from 1985 claims that the front struts on the H35-24V where gusseted.

Do you have any documentation from hartge on these cars and if so, could you please send me a copy of it?

Thanks!

Best regards
Arne
Arne that was a long time ago.. i had all the details on spec as i had to give it to my insurance company so all the info was sent from germany by herbert hartge i dont have them any more but im sure if you ring them they can dig it up for you... as for the bodyshell of the car im quite sure they did not do any modifications.. also you have to remember in these days the work of hartge and brabus etc.. was like the work of a butcher it was not very neat and you would be shocked at some of their work...ring or email hartge in germany as birds in uk cant help you as they will get info from hartge germany...

Reactions: Boss330

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

I have just received confirmation from Hartge regarding the bodyshells (as you said, no reinforcements apart from strut braces front and rear). Talked with a guy that told me just the same story you did about the quality/appearance of some of their early modifications.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
11 Posts
e28 hartge m88/3

Hello! Nice to see some e28 lovers like me in here!

I am also VERY interested in knowing what Hartge did with their model of the e28? Can someone please tell me what was done to make the engine deliver 330 horsepower? anyone know the mods list?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Hello! Nice to see some e28 lovers like me in here!

I am also VERY interested in knowing what Hartge did with their model of the e28? Can someone please tell me what was done to make the engine deliver 330 horsepower? anyone know the mods list?
my friend it will be quicker and easier for you to contact hartge germany direct for your info..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.