BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Same deal, for my drifter.

Topmounts are advertised for E30 aswell as E28 application, so I get the feeling those might be the same.

But somehow, I can't seem to find a coilover set for the car..Actually I only need the rears, as they have to be adjustable from -No Rear Grip At All- to - I Wish To Survive Schwedenkreuz- setting

If anyone has a source, please let me know

·
Registered
68 Posts
The only companies I know of are GAZ and ground control and ireland engineering in the usa.

GC and ireland also do adjustable top mounts for front and rear :)

I'm currently prepping my M535i as a trackday car, so I've been following your thread on the drifter :cool:

I have concidered some bilstein sprintline's and some faulkner springs....to try and alleviate some of the old barges body roll.

But my feeling is a fully adjustable coliover kit is what I need in this instance.

AIUI the standard M535i spring rates are 225lb and the ground control coilovers use 750lb springs :eek:oohhh:

HTH

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coilovers are the only way to go as they are adjustable.

To setup the car for proper 3rd/4th gear dry track drifting, it needs a wacky rearend setup. But I don't want to refrain myself to staying away from the incidental track/Ringday so it has to be reversible.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Remember the spring rates for coilovers and normal shocks are not comparable due to the coilovers probably having circa 2.25" diameter springs. My M3 used to run 500lb front springs (these were still ok for the road... ish). leda in the UK do great coilover setups - if the do the e30 M3 they may well do the e28...

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Good morning Piers ,

I'm not sure that Leda are still in business .

If they are , I'd like my E34 M5 EDC Damper back !

D

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Thanks Piers ....... unfortunately the new owners appeared to only take on Leda in name and have moved the premises from Essex to Derbyshire without taking a lot of the bits and pieces , such as my shocks .

Thanks for thinking of me though !

p.s. Fancy Cadwell Park BMWCC Track day April 23rd ? I'm booked on it with my E34 3.6 M5 .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts