BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the black e28 M5 whom i raced (black e39) on 280 south all the way until woodside (sorry, i missed canada road and i had to take off, wish i could've played longer), WHO ARE YOU? Loads of fun, although i almost broke my arm as it snapped back when i stuck it out to give you the thumbs up (what was it, about 140mph, windows/sunroof open, and the car was so SMOOTH!

Loads of fun! I raced a Z8 after you!

--Dan

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I don't know about a black one, but in three weeks from now, watch you rear view mirror.. The silver bullet closing on you fast will be me in my new Titanium
... Can't wait...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
dan,
some guys have all the luck. how do you get such great roads and good races. I am stuck to racing little ricers up to 100- and have to keep it slow because of road conditions/cops/cahoonah's

fas

·
Registered
378 Posts
Dan:

Travelling that speed with the windows and sunroof open? I just made an offer on a "brand new" '96 840ci, 5K miles. On the 8 series the windows and sunroof automatically close at around 100 mph. I thought the E39 M5 would do the same. It must have been quite breezy in the car at 140. Take care.

Regards,

Ken Little

'91 M5 Mauritius Blue
'91 M5 Alpine White

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use my valentine for CHP protection (and a good eye, you can usually spot them well during the daytime, which is when I choose to exceed the limit. Nighttime is another story, and i keep it between 75 ad 85.

Yes the car was breezy, but not much more so than it would be at 120 or so, which really surprised me. Actually, come to think of it, I was really stupid in NOT closing the windows and such, but my sunglasses and some papers (on the flat spot infront of the "cup holders") and hat all stayed in place just fine.

I never knew those e28's had so much gusto in them.

--Dan

·
Registered
385 Posts
I don't know about the windows, but I've been over 120 with the sunroof open, and it wasn't too bad. Also - I can attest to the fact that BMW thinks of everything. The windshield wipers work very well at 130 MPH. I've been in other fast cars where if you put the wipers on going >90, they bounce and chatter on the windshield.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Dan,

May I ask what kind of protection (against CHP) did you have when you run at that speed on 280?

Tell me and I'll find you on 280 real soon!
-kuzi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts