BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just been to the bodyshop again today and progress is moving very quickly - looks like it might be ready for paint later next week or early the week afterwards... and then the task of putting it all back together will begin...

you can read all about on my site (can't post a link as this site seems to not allow URL links...)

I'll update the story at least once a week - so keep looking...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i tried before.. but even though the url was the same.. it jumped to a non related site...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will do mate... at the moment i'm only getting chance to visit the bodyshop each saturday morning.. so generally each weekend there'll be more 'next-stage' photos.. also i'll be updating the details on Jimmy's E28 B10 that is on there and also details on his E28 M5 restoration shortly (maybe even tomorrow)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doubt i'll be out in it at xmas.. but it will def be painted by then (in fact it'll probably be painted and read for reassembly in another couple of weeks...)

website has got some more updates including pics with the new colour coat...

i'm off to the paintshop again in the morning armed with my camera so check back regularly... more updates to follow...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cheers Kees... yes it's refreshing to see so much progress in the last few weeks after so many months without anything...

lots of bits of trim on order (though some of the pieces are now no longer available...) but still i should be able to sort these pieces out relatively easily...

then it'll be time for the mechanicals...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Andy, why are you not having the mechanicals done at the same time? or are you talking suspension work?

Car progress is good, can't quite make up what the colour really is?!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Tinker - can't have the mechanicals done at the same time as the paintshop is only a paintshop not a garage.. so i'll have to wait till it finished before i can start on the rest of the work.. and yes i mean new suspension, new clutch exhaust rad, etc.. the engine is basically sound - though in years to come i may look to do an overhaul.

As for the colour it's opal green (was a popular BMW colour in the 80's mostly on E30's) and I believe there were only 2 of the 64 RHD B9's made in this colour...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Andy if the engine is out for clutch ... get the rings and head gasket changed, as the biggest cost here is the engine out job! You need it to be right ...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jeremy

rest assured I won't be takingthe engine out to change the clutch (gearbox yes - but not the engine)!!!!:byebye:

·
Registered
456 Posts
You're not the only one waiting to see the end result ...
Are you hoping to have the car running by Xmas?...

Oh registered on the site ...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cheers Jez... yup i think it'll be all done and either in a state of being put back together or poss even all assembled by xmas..

thanks for registering to the site.. seen the pic of the B8 as well.. v nice...
look forward to seeing it in the flesh...

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Fantastic website, and fantastic car,

I will check back often for updates :typing:

all the best
adam

1 - 20 of 24 Posts