·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was asking about parts earlier..... looking for: rear headrest
Euro bumper/front valance
Rear curtain
Headlight wipers system

As well as the many future questions I'll have for the seasoned vets.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have been a BMW fan since 1969, owner since 1980. My 1st Bimmer was an Euro spec 4 door Bavaria (3.0 L 4 speed dual Solex carbs... look it up if you don't believe me), the 1st owner was the BMW dealer at (of all places in the 1980's...) Detroit, Michigan. The BMW dealership was burned down shortly after he sold me his car. My present ride is a 2007 E63 M6 V10 6 speed, presently over 104,000 miles. With some mods, more to come. And not even a thought of getting rid of it.
Does that qualify me as a seasoned vet?

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST5
7,170 Posts

·
Registered
7,170 Posts
Front spoiler and rear valance from Classic Euro Parts:

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Wheel Tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: flacoramos

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been a BMW fan since 1969, owner since 1980. My 1st Bimmer was an Euro spec 4 door Bavaria (3.0 L 4 speed dual Solex carbs... look it up if you don't believe me), the 1st owner was the BMW dealer at (of all places in the 1980's...) Detroit, Michigan. The BMW dealership was burned down shortly after he sold me his car. My present ride is a 2007 E63 M6 V10 6 speed, presently over 104,000 miles. With some mods, more to come. And not even a thought of getting rid of it.
Does that qualify me as a seasoned vet?
That is cool I've been a fan of bimmer since I'd guess the 70's. The first car I ever driven was a euro spec bavaria 3.0 owned by my sisters boyfriend at the time. I barely knew how to drive manual 4sp. on my first day of high-school in about 84..... (dual carbs I don't think he had that). My first car was a 1978 BMW 530i automatic which I received from my eldest sister after her husband was rear-ended in it.
I currently own a 04 545i and a 84 633csi that I've converted the sofas to eriod correct Recaro sport seats msport rear spoiler upgraded the wheels to series 5's and now as you can see I'm in pursuit of those rare parts that will make it stand out. Thanks

·
Registered
7,170 Posts
I'm seeing a roll cage, paddings, race tires, rear seat gas tank with large bore gas filler, CF air box: that makes it a full-out race car. Internal engine mods?
Not a full-out racecar, but more of a track toy that I can drive to and from the track, which I can't do with my SpecE30.

Rebuilt to M1 Procar specs...I took a numbers matching e28m5 that needed a rescue and turned it into a track toy. Original s38b35 bored and stroked to s38b38, with the accompanying mods to fuel, fire, safety, suspension, etc... Built a resto-mod e28m5 CSL to beat up 911s and Corvettes at the track. More info here:
///M The ///Most Expensive Letter in the Alphabet | BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums (m5board.com)

She moves:

Vehicle Car Sky Motor vehicle Automotive mirror

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

1 - 9 of 9 Posts