BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking at a car for sale (over the internet) which is noted only as a '1982 Alpina' with a 3 litre engine. I can see 2 pics and it is clearly an E12.

If it is a genuine Alpina, it seems to me from my limited knowledge, that it can only be a B7 turbo. Is this correct? Or were there other forms of E12 Alpinas made in 1982.

The sellers claim it is 'one of 60', and the paintwork matches the B7s livery.

Its VIN is WBACJ7106B6579994.

If it is a B7S, what is it likely to be worth. It is in reasonably untidy, but serviceable condition.

Can anyone help me on its history and provenance?

Thanks guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
I saw what I think to be the same add... on drive.com.au?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aaron

I had a look at the car on drive.com. That is an E28 Alpina B9. Looks very nice.

However, the car I am looking at is an E12 (previous model) B7S Turbo. The B9 had 180kw. The B7S Turbo had 243kw and 500Nm torque!! The B7S and its predecessor, the B7, were for a number of years at the end of the 70's and the early '80's, the fastest 4 door production car in the world. 0-100km/h in about 5.8 seconds!

This one is in fairly untidy condition, and the sellers seem to know what it is, so I am not sure that I will be able to secure it at a bargain price - which I would be wanting to do given that I am unable to check it out physically or mechanically before it I buy!

Cheers


aaronmiles said:
I saw what I think to be the same add... on drive.com.au?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately, the car was for sale through a very large auction house in Japan. They provide an auction sheet on the car, but little else. The auction took place on 14 July (yesterday in this hemisphere) and I don't believe my relatively low bid was successful.

Cheers
kees said:
Have you asked the seller for more information and a price?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,327 Posts
Back in those days Alpina sold uprated atmosferic engines as single items as well. R U sure it wasn't one of those?



M540i LE said:
I am looking at a car for sale (over the internet) which is noted only as a '1982 Alpina' with a 3 litre engine. I can see 2 pics and it is clearly an E12.

If it is a genuine Alpina, it seems to me from my limited knowledge, that it can only be a B7 turbo. Is this correct? Or were there other forms of E12 Alpinas made in 1982.

The sellers claim it is 'one of 60', and the paintwork matches the B7s livery.

Its VIN is WBACJ7106B6579994.

If it is a B7S, what is it likely to be worth. It is in reasonably untidy, but serviceable condition.

Can anyone help me on its history and provenance?

Thanks guys.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
Stevie said:
Back in those days Alpina sold uprated atmosferic engines as single items as well. R U sure it wasn't one of those?
According to classic data, a genuine E12 B7S in condition II (comparable to a three year old used car) is worth ~19k Euro. Low mileage and exceptional condition cars can go up 50% more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Raymond

As suspected, I didn't get the B7S. Apparently, my agent was bidding against one other guy who just kept outbidding me. Still, I made the other guy pay a fair price - 930,000 yen from what I am told.

Cheers and thanks for everyone's help!

raymond woertman said:
According to classic data, a genuine E12 B7S in condition II (comparable to a three year old used car) is worth ~19k Euro. Low mileage and exceptional condition cars can go up 50% more.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,808 Posts
M540i LE said:
Thanks Raymond

As suspected, I didn't get the B7S. Apparently, my agent was bidding against one other guy who just kept outbidding me. Still, I made the other guy pay a fair price - 930,000 yen from what I am told.

Cheers and thanks for everyone's help!
Around 7000euro for a E12 B7 unseen seems like a reasonable price. If it's been sitting in a barn for years with rusted through body, seized engine and/or missing paperwork the value could be much less.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top