BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found original brake vacuum hoses are starting to crack and leaking.
Search for these parts found they are "no longer available" in the USA.
But a lot are still available in the e-bay from "Lativia, and they all said is "brand new" too.

For example:

What is going on? Are these parts still re-produced there?

Thanks,
Karl
92 M5 3.8L

·
Registered
4 Posts
But a lot are still available in the e-bay from "Lativia, and they all said is "brand new" too.

For example:

Thanks,
Karl
92 M5 3.8L
their stuff comes to me as quick as origin uk parts .I would trust them, they list a tracking number and you can follow it As It Changes shipper.
Parts may actually be coming out of back door of original factory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have had a couple of good experiences with Latvia on ebay. E34 fog light lenses, arrived in 7 days to New Hampshire. Real glass, fit perfect.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I’ve bought e28, e60, and s38 parts on eBay from Latvia as well.
Very good communications from my seller, with shipping, tracking numbers and delivery.

·
Registered
1994 525it 1986 325es
36 Posts
I also have had a couple of good experiences with Latvia on ebay. E34 fog light lenses, arrived in 7 days to New Hampshire. Real glass, fit perfect.
Just ordered a pair of French Yellow Fog lens for my E34 wagon... price was right. coming from Latvia also.. had questions for seller.. they did answer.. The only one they didn't was whom the manufacture was ( ie Hella , etc) .. One weird reply was they were in their remote location ? Some of the things may be production overruns, or minor imperfections in material.. From past dealing . they are oem parts, but part number and emblem are ground off..

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have ordered several euro armrests for my E39 cars and have been pleased with the transactions.

·
Registered
4 Posts

For example:

Thanks,
Karl
92 M5 3.8L
I had an OK experience ordering the internal headlight adjuster plastic gizmos. However, there were 2 things that caused the shipping to be returned and re-sent: 1) The shipping address left out the state, and 2) their "1's" look like "7's" to us. Like a little tent or inverted "V" with the left side starting slightly higher than the right. Their 7's have the cross line, iirc. But confusing to the mail handlers here, these 2 things combined to mess up my shipment for a while. Otherwise, all was fine.

·
Registered
1994 525it 1986 325es
36 Posts
had a really neat rear license plate filler panel ( like e34 M5) shipped for e34 Wagon.. It was a well thought out part they
designed and sold .. Nicely made, had a inset for the rear hatch window release. came from Lativia ( was two weeks in shipment)
Just ordered euro e34 Yellow fog lens.. eta is saying 6/1-6/11 ordered 4/30.. oh well..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Beware "OEM" parts from the Middle East at prices that are too good to be true on FleaBay. Some of the packaging is a really good reproduction, but the parts...not so much.

·
Registered
1994 525it 1986 325es
36 Posts
Beware "OEM" parts from the Middle East at prices that are too good to be true on FleaBay. Some of the packaging is a really good reproduction, but the parts...not so much.
your are correct, BMW NA refers to them as counterfeit parts.. I have seen them first hand some really good.. and really really bad..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts