BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody recommend any Dyno places i can take my car too for some before and after tune sheets? I live in SF...Ive looked around and the only place i found was a dynopack dyno..i prefer a dynojet

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ima give mustang ranch a call tomorrow, they are 20minutes from me ..i want to spend 50-75$...just wanna see what my car is making pre-tune...

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a list for you to choose from:

Dynojet Automotive Dyno Centers

I've taken my honda to both modacar & dynospot before but have never dynoed the beast. Any reason why you are against dynapack dynos?
I wouldnt say im against dynopacks...Just read that they give inflated numbers...but i guess it doesnt really play a huge role since im only looking for the difference in my tune? I guess if there is a good dynopack place i woulndt mind either..

·
Registered
92 Posts
We have an AWD Dynocom chassis dyno here in Fairfield. I just bought a 2003 M5 for myself and I'm loving the car! I'll try to get it on our dyno in the next few days and post some results.

Thanks
-- Ed

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have an AWD Dynocom chassis dyno here in Fairfield. I just bought a 2003 M5 for myself and I'm loving the car! I'll try to get it on our dyno in the next few days and post some results.

Thanks
-- Ed
An hour drive! hmmm..PM if with a price you would dyno mine and another members...i need a dyno before my new tune to see before n afters.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Its 45 mins to an hour depending on what part of the city you're coming from. We get customers driving out from San Jose all the time, so SF isn't THAT bad ;).

Sending PM now.

Thanks
-- Ed

·
Registered
92 Posts
An hour drive! hmmm..PM if with a price you would dyno mine and another members...i need a dyno before my new tune to see before n afters.
Hey,

I got your PM, but they won't let me send any PM's until I hit 45 posts. Please shoot me an e-mail or give me a call at 707-425-2137 and I'll be happy to get you a quote.

Thanks
-- Ed

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I wouldnt say im against dynopacks...Just read that they give inflated numbers...but i guess it doesnt really play a huge role since im only looking for the difference in my tune? I guess if there is a good dynopack place i woulndt mind either..
Baseline numbers doesn't really matter which dyno you use. You're on the right track, dyno-ing before and after a tune to isolate the gain. What I recommend, which is what you're doing, is to use the same shop and same dyno for the most accurate/best comparison.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts