BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Dynos in the Bay Area?

2273 14
Does anybody recommend any Dyno places i can take my car too for some before and after tune sheets? I live in SF...Ive looked around and the only place i found was a dynopack dyno..i prefer a dynojet
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a list for you to choose from:

Dynojet Automotive Dyno Centers

I've taken my honda to both modacar & dynospot before but have never dynoed the beast. Any reason why you are against dynapack dynos?
I wouldnt say im against dynopacks...Just read that they give inflated numbers...but i guess it doesnt really play a huge role since im only looking for the difference in my tune? I guess if there is a good dynopack place i woulndt mind either..

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have an AWD Dynocom chassis dyno here in Fairfield. I just bought a 2003 M5 for myself and I'm loving the car! I'll try to get it on our dyno in the next few days and post some results.

Thanks
-- Ed
An hour drive! hmmm..PM if with a price you would dyno mine and another members...i need a dyno before my new tune to see before n afters.

· Registered
4,586 Posts
I wouldnt say im against dynopacks...Just read that they give inflated numbers...but i guess it doesnt really play a huge role since im only looking for the difference in my tune? I guess if there is a good dynopack place i woulndt mind either..
Baseline numbers doesn't really matter which dyno you use. You're on the right track, dyno-ing before and after a tune to isolate the gain. What I recommend, which is what you're doing, is to use the same shop and same dyno for the most accurate/best comparison.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.