BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did before and after dyno runs with the install of the Eisenmann Race exhaust. Would have posted dyno runs but they were virtually identicle with only a few horse power increase but Im sure within variance of back to back runs. 420 peak rwhp and didnt get a torque figure. Exhaust is a little resonant at certain rpms but overall sounds better than stock. Sounds sorta of like a cross between a viper and say a 360. Definitely not like the gallardo (unfortunately).

·
Registered
646 Posts
Re: Eisenmann Race Exhaust

I've been wanting to hear the difference between the Eisenmann Sport and the Eisenmann Race exhaust. Is the race version much louder than stock? Could you upload some sound clips?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

AbruzziBoy said:
I've benn wanting to hear the difference between the Eisenmann SPort and the Eisenmann Race exhaust. Is the race version much louder than stock? Could you upload some sound clips?
The sound clips already posted are very representative of this exhaust. Cant comment on the sport version.

·
Registered
249 Posts

Two M5 owners in Chicago just had the Eisenmann exhaust installed. The sound is amazing! Almost a ferrari type sound. Do you have any photos of your exhaust installed?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

E34M5/3.8IL6 said:
Two M5 owners in Chicago just had the Eisenmann exhaust installed. The sound is amazing! Almost a ferrari type sound. Do you have any photos of your exhaust installed?
Ill refer back to the above referenced thread. It looks exactly the same with oval tips. http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62647

·
Registered
96 Posts

Can you tell us what Oct. gas you were running and what type of dyno you were on?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Paul2x said:
Can you tell us what Oct. gas you were running and what type of dyno you were on?
93 dynojet.. I assume the numbers are a little low because of the cut-off at 160 mph in 6th.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

CURI0 said:
Where was this done? Sounds like evosport. Great to finally get a solid rwhp number, 420 rwhp, the M5 is not underated finally that can be put to rest.

Actually, nevermind, since you said 93 octane you most likely aren't in california.
This particular dyno is typically on the low side so 430-440 would be about right. I'll give you my 06 Z06 (505 hp) numbers in a few weeks for comparison.

·
Banned
481 Posts

sapphirem5 said:
This particular dyno is typically on the low side so 430-440 would be about right. I'll give you my 06 Z06 (505 hp) numbers in a few weeks for comparison.
I have never heard of dynojets being referred to as being on the low side. 420 @ the wheels is 420 @ the wheels, period. When you dyno your z06 it will be interesting to compare the numbers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have a question ? when u install an eisenmann exhaust do u need to upgrade or install anything in the ECU or the cars computer ??

·
Registered
441 Posts
Is it just a cat-back unit? For sake of comparison, when I installed a GHL cat-back system on my C5 Z06, that alone gave me 11 rwhp against my baseline run done that same day.

That you gained next to nothing tells you that either the BMW engineers did a great job designing their stock exhaust or that Eisenmann didn't do enough. I'm guessing the former is correct.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No and No, even changing section1(delete cat). The o2 sensor warning will come on if changing header/primary cat (need ECU for that matter)
so only if i change the header/primary cat the o2 sensor warning wil come on ! so there is no problem with installing a x-pipe ! thanks a lot :M5thumbs:.. .. what do u recommend for a nice exhaust sound ??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts