BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I dynoed my car lastnight because I pulled the trigger on the Eurocharge tune. I wanted to get a baseline idea of what the car was making irregardless of whether the dyno read low or high. Initial run was 430hp. That's from me driving straight to the shop and up on the dyno, no cool down time at all. Shop is about 20mins from my house in traffic. Second run appoximately 2 minutes later netted 432hp. third run 12mins netted 443hp and final pull another 9 minutes later with some water being sprayed before hand to cool the car down netted 456hp. Overall Im happy with the results:santasmile2:. I will know possibly on friday how much HP the Eurocharge tune gets me.

Oh yeah before anyone ask Mods are as followed

RPI Full GTS Exhaust
RPI Scoops (no block off plates)
K&N Drop in Filters
Active Pulley

·
Registered
162 Posts
You changed the variables 3 times in 4 dyno pulls. I'm not sure you really have a good baseline. I guess you will use the non cool down runs and dyno your new setup without cool down?

Your results definitely show how much the hp goes up as our cars cool down.

Your initial runs show about 505 crank hp and runs after cool down show approximately 535 crank hp. I could definitely see a 35 hp increase given your mods.

Later, Steve

Reactions: DocsV10

·
Registered
577 Posts
Interesting numbers, will be very eager to see post tune as I have the same mods minus a pulley. Have had the Eurocharged tune sitting waiting to be uploaded, I wanted to wait till after winter, and now I am waiting till after I change the spark plugs.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got off the phone about an hour ago with Eurocharge and paid for my tune. Seeing as I already have the mygenius programmer I only paid an extra $130 to get it cleared and have the previous vin erased so I can use it on my m5. I used it previously on my clk500 which is gone gone gone. It's a good thing I held on to the programmer. Came in handy save some dollars! I will post back hopefully Saturday when I revisit the dyno.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Any graphs?

What type of a dyno?
Dynojet/Mustang/Dynapack/Dyno Dynamics?

What correction factor?

What gear was the pull done in?

What were the temps?

So many unanswered questions!

Reactions: DocsV10