BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I'm surprised you gained 5 lbs/ft of torque with the charcoal removal, but
couldnt help but notice that your buddy has less torque with the AA software and the filter removed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
don't know why?

bodaddy said:
I'm surprised you gained 5 lbs/ft of torque with the charcoal removal, but
couldnt help but notice that your buddy has less torque with the AA software and the filter removed.
I also gained 5 rwhp . It was dyno with 5th gear.
I am planning to get the Active software too! then we'll find out more result.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Nice results... You should try in gear six as that is 1:1

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does doing this void warranty? Why is it there if it's so expendable? Sorry if it's sounds like a silly question but I see a lot of people doing it.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Smog emissions............

TheWheelMan said:
Does doing this void warranty? Why is it there if it's so expendable? Sorry if it's sounds like a silly question but I see a lot of people doing it.
There's a long answer involving what car mfgrs have to go through to comply with latest emission requirements; but suffice to say those filters are supposed to reduce hydrocarbons.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Not a big difference then between the AA car & the standard car??

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Is the legend incorrect? The red says w/ filter and that shows higher numbers in the lower revs and the blue is just a tad higher at higher. After you removed your filters, did you run the car at highway speeds for about 1 hour? The ECU needs time to adjust...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
okay

MEnthusiast said:
Is the legend incorrect? The red says w/ filter and that shows higher numbers in the lower revs and the blue is just a tad higher at higher. After you removed your filters, did you run the car at highway speeds for about 1 hour? The ECU needs time to adjust...
The first graph is a comparison with or without carbon filter.

The second graph is comparison between Me (carboon filter removed) and my buddy (AA software without carbon filter).

·
Registered
276 Posts
yansha said:
I also gained 5 rwhp . It was dyno with 5th gear.
I am planning to get the Active software too! then we'll find out more result.
Looks like the AA car was run in warmer temperature as per the dyno readout and on a different day as well.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
KeithTa said:
Looks like the AA car was run in warmer temperature as per the dyno readout and on a different day as well.
Any dyno graph will be corrected for temperature, barometric pressure and humidity as per the SAE spec. Otherwise we'd never be able to compare dyno results.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
Wolverine
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing