BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I had my 2010 M6 programmed for the Eurolaunch by EAS and tried it out in an industrial development in Irvine last week-the M6 was fishtailing and I had to knock it off coz the street was to0 narrow. Is that you shifting or the software? Its my understanding the software is programmed to automatically shift at redline-but I can hear your shift paddles...

·
Registered
395 Posts
I had my 2010 M6 programmed for the Eurolaunch by EAS and tried it out in an industrial development in Irvine last week-the M6 was fishtailing and I had to knock it off coz the street was to0 narrow. Is that you shifting or the software? Its my understanding the software is programmed to automatically shift at redline-but I can hear your shift paddles...

Yup, he mentioned and answered my same question.. The car is shifting on its own.. Something that US was so robbed of!!!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Nice numbers. I should do coding too...

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
euro lc is crazy love the video!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
I didn't use the shift paddles at all, thats all software, the only time I used my paddles in when I made the right turn! If anything its the fingers on the camera mic! You can hear the paddles at 0:28-0:29 if you turn up your volume, the click click right when I made the right. My car started to fishtail slightly in second, just gave it a little counter steer.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Dammit, so jealous lol... Who in south fla can do this for a reasonable deal as well????

Grats and thanks for sharing
I would also like to know if anyone in south Florida could do this coding as well. Anybody??

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Did they program the SMG on the car or did they take the TCU out?

Yup, the car shifted on its own! My tires were spinning till 3rd gear! It's way better than the Handicap U.S launch control!

I'm real curious if my 1/4 mile time improved, the auto shifts give a perfect redline shift! I'll see when the 1/4 mile is open @ Fontana, and give a update!
Just curious

·
Registered
304 Posts
Wow thats an intense LC!!! Awesome man, love it

I am so ready to reflash my TCU, I have the software and everything ready to go. I have done my own coding in the past, and this is about to go down. My only issue is that the car starts in D1 mode. It really doesnt make any difference for me, because I hit M as soon as I start the car and fasten my seat belt, which takes me to S5 right away (only way for me to drive the car is in S5 or S6). However, my wife drives the car a good bit and lets be honest, we're lucky she's able to put the car in gear (she agrees with this sentiment). The way the car sets itself in D3 right now is perfect. D3 is a good every day program. I don't like D1 at all. For her to remember to click up twice on the gear program, would be unlikely.

I don't like D1 because of the second gear starts. I think that is really stressful on the clutch, and she primarily is doing stop and go driving. I feel like D1 in this scenario would place needless stress on the already weak point of the vehicle.

Oh well, I might just get it done with and re-train her driving style

Again, thanks for the reviews and the videos! Awesome all around

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
tell her how much a new clutch costs, that might help her remember to hit the button twice.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I would also like to know if anyone in south Florida could do this coding as well. Anybody??
I do not know but if I were you contact Active AutoWerks they may be able to.

·
Registered
163 Posts
QUESTION:

I actually got the Dinan stage 1 ECU upgrade done where it took off the top speed limiter and etc. I belive it also took off the automatic shift at redline since it has been raised.

I just got the Euro SMG upgrade, so do I know have the automatic shift at redline again? or no? Please let me know if anyone can answer this. I heard that they are 2 completely different modules. THX

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice Job, I had my mechanic flash my TCU last week and was so amazed also. Best free mod out there by far!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Not a bad idea. But I would need to put it in terms she would understand. Like it costs xxx number of purses. :grinyes:
It costs < 1 Louis Vuitton purse; about 1 any other 'name' purse; and probably 2 - 3 designer purses. If they match the purse and shoes, it probably costs close to the same. :rolleyes:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
20 Participants
gmak
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing