BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I just thought I would post my new dyno results from today. Many of you know my power was down slightly after purchasing the Dinan Stage 1 ECU.

I took the car back last week and they reflashed the ECU to stock (v26.02) and I immediately felt my car was stronger when I left the dealership.

Today validated those feelings with a dyno run that is almost identical to my pre-Dinan (v25) ecu. In addition, it was *hot* in DFW today. The temperature was within 1 degree of the dyno pulls with the Dinan software installed, yet my power was back up to basically (within 2 rwhp) my original stock ecu level.

By the way, notice on the graph how beautiful my new air-to-fuel ratios look. Once again, very similar to my pre-Dinan ecu.

I'm ecstatic to have my power back and to be running a stock ECU (for now). Thanks to Dinan for being professional and refunding my money on this particular modification.

Hope this helps many of you.

Regards,

Darren

Attachments

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't recall Darren, but do you have a pre-pulley dyno? What were you putting down before you installed those?
Boner,

No sir...unfortunately not. My only data point on the pulley is that I win a decent amount of races against other M5 owners locally :)

I wish I knew what my truly stock #'s were.

Cheers,

Darren

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey Darren, glad that the numbers are back up to par with previous mod. I am ready to run against you with my lowly 416rwhp beast this weekend! This time I will be in S6 and P500 Sport!! (its in the dealer getting the cd-payer unjammed and brake fluid flushed at the moment). Cheers Warren:wroom:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Darren, glad that the numbers are back up to par with previous mod. I am ready to run against you with my lowly 416rwhp beast this weekend! This time I will be in S6 and P500 Sport!! (its in the dealer getting the cd-payer unjammed and brake fluid flushed at the moment). Cheers Warren:wroom:
Warren,

You'll be crushed between my index finger and thumb. You don't want none of "the new improved beast" :biggrin:

Only kidding man. Would be great to see how it holds up against your strong car. You definitely have a healthy one! I figure I'm only at 405-410rwhp totally stock if I had to guess.

Let's definitely plan a run Saturday morning.

Regards,

Darren

·
Registered
374 Posts
Im in bro! Will give you a call this week. Also, let me know if you need some help with the shootout event. Even though I won't be here for it, still willing to pitch in. See if any of the other DFW guys are available for the weekend too, will be fun times as always! W

·
Registered
501 Posts
so i guess that i should get my car reflashed aswell then ?? since the dyno does'nt lie !!

Only if you feel the car is down on power. Darren noticed right away that his car felt slower where you feel the opposite. correct me if I am wrong. So if it feels faster now than pre-software why go back?

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Darren,

So, on your particular case, Evo pulley and Dinan Ecu -->> no, no. You don't have any other mods right?

Glad that u back to par, at least. Rather gain nothing than lose something.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Only if you feel the car is down on power. Darren noticed right away that his car felt slower where you feel the opposite. correct me if I am wrong. So if it feels faster now than pre-software with go back?

i don't have a clue anymore !! :confused2

i guess i need some dyno #'s for my beast !!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Darren,

So, on your particular case, Evo pulley and Dinan Ecu -->> no, no. You don't have any other mods right?

Glad that u back to par, at least. Rather gain nothing than lose something.
Keang24,

I have the following:
  • Evo Pulley
  • Secondary cats removed
  • Eisenmann Race exhaust
Regards,

Darren

·
Registered
174 Posts
Darren-

Finally got on!!! Let me know if you want to run on Saturday!:M5rev: JWW

·
Registered
930 Posts
Very strange. Doesn't make sense with the mods you have. I just don't see how pulley's can have anything to do with the Dinan software. What version software did you have before you got the Dinan flash? It had to be an earlier version. Or maybe the Dinan software doesn't work very well with later software versions. Untill someone can be more specific there is no way I can believe that pulley's have anything to do with your predicament. I bet if you now reinstalled the Dinan software it would be OK. Not that you should do it! Remember, "the enemy on good is better."

·
Registered
307 Posts
Bring it, don't sing it. Let's shoot for a morning run when it's cooler.

Cheers,

Darren
I would like in as well, and to make it fair I'm happy to give you both a car length or two but that's it! :noSMG:

Darren I was wondering about your dyno results. Glad to hear you have reclaimed your lost ponies.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Glad to hear your beast is back roaring Darren! I'm still confused about this whole situation. LI-M5, what's your butt dyno telling you about your car nowadays???

1 - 20 of 47 Posts