BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I just did a dyno run today and I was told it ran a little lean, peaking at 14:1 at WOT.

The results: 343 HP & 323 TQ

What do you all think, any inputs....thanks :cheers:

Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
My totally stock car ran 338 rwhp on the Evosport Dyno.

·
10,456 Posts
hp and torque sound pretty typical. the cai and mafs will likely add very little on a stationary dyno. Not sure what the cats might contribute. 14:1 does sound lean, most M5's seem to like to be around 12.5:1 at high load, wot.
Mike

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mottati said:
hp and torque sound pretty typical. the cai and mafs will likely add very little on a stationary dyno. Not sure what the cats might contribute. 14:1 does sound lean, most M5's seem to like to be around 12.5:1 at high load, wot.
Mike
Thanks for your opinion,

Would Dinan be able to tweak my software so that it's running in the 12.5:1 ratio AF ? Or should I just dump Dinan and go with Powerchip.....TIA.

ED :cheers:

·
Registered
837 Posts
em5464 said:
Thanks for your opinion,

Would Dinan be able to tweak my software so that it's running in the 12.5:1 ratio AF ? Or should I just dump Dinan and go with Powerchip.....TIA.

I would call powerchip and see what they can do for you, I think somebody a few weeks ago had a similair problem and powerchip sent them a data logger to collect info to help them tune his car, I am not sure how it ended up though, hope this helps, Josh

·
10,456 Posts
em5464 said:
Thanks for your opinion,

I don't think dinan is into doing custom stuff like that anymore. It wouldn't hurt to call, but most tuners probably won't totally buy the numbers you get off of someone elses dyno. As someone else said, powerchip uses a data logger to get real world numbers. When i had spoken to wayne at powerchip about afr's on my dyno runs, he had said there were too many variables to base changing software from a dyno afr. On my last dyno run, after headers, i had a little blip where the afr leaned out, my torque dipped down and then it all went back to normal. He felt it was more of an issue with that particular dyno run than something really going on with the car.
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts