BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a big group of us from the DFW club dyno our cars today on a Dyno Dynamics dyno at Classic BMW/ A fun day for sure! I got 330 whp from my beast and from what I've read, the Dyno Dynamics units are much more conservative than the Dynojets. I've got the Dinan exhaust and the DA ECU flash on my beast. Does 330 whp seem reasonable to you guys? If the Dyno Dynamics units are typically 10% - 15% lower than Dynojets, I think I did OK, but I was really expecting more like 350 whp based on what I've seen from other posts on a Dynojet. If there is a 10% difference, I'd be closer to 360 whp on a Dynojet and would be happy with that.

All the cars seemed to be lower than expectations as we had a turbo M3 there that has made 600 whp on a Dynojet and only made 455 whp today.

TIA for any feedback.

Mike

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
330 rwhp on dyno dynamics is good...imho
+1 Actually, speaking historically, a good result on the DD. I'm going to try to get some pulls in on Monday morning on Autowave's DD dyno as I have reinstalled OE software (DME recall) and have never dynoed my car (headers etc.) with anything other than Powerchip.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
can you post up your graph? would be good to see the curve, and give me an idea of expectations.
What year is your beast, and how many miles?

·
Registered
157 Posts
We had a big group of us from the DFW club dyno our cars today on a Dyno Dynamics dyno at Classic BMW/ A fun day for sure! I got 330 whp from my beast and from what I've read, the Dyno Dynamics units are much more conservative than the Dynojets. I've got the Dinan exhaust and the DA ECU flash on my beast. Does 330 whp seem reasonable to you guys? If the Dyno Dynamics units are typically 10% - 15% lower than Dynojets, I think I did OK, but I was really expecting more like 350 whp based on what I've seen from other posts on a Dynojet. If there is a 10% difference, I'd be closer to 360 whp on a Dynojet and would be happy with that.

All the cars seemed to be lower than expectations as we had a turbo M3 there that has made 600 whp on a Dynojet and only made 455 whp today.

TIA for any feedback.

Mike
I did 333 to the tire totally stock on a Dynojet. I'd say your numbers are probably pretty solid, and likely would be in the neighborhood of 350 to the tire on a Dynojet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts