BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Dyro run yesterday and checked the emissions before the up and coming MOT. I'm glad to report that after 12 years and 126000 miles shes only lost 7bhp from stock and the emissions well within the limits.

M5's rock:M5launch:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Graham, where did you get your dyno run about ? how much was it?, and did / could they map the DME ?? 7 bhp down doesn't seem too bad but I remember hearing that it is not uncommon for higher mileage motors to put out higher power figures due to the engine being a bit looser.

cheers,
Phil.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phlem5 said:
Graham, where did you get your dyno run about ? how much was it?, and did / could they map the DME ?? 7 bhp down doesn't seem too bad but I remember hearing that it is not uncommon for higher mileage motors to put out higher power figures due to the engine being a bit looser.

cheers,
Phil.
Got the contact through the Scottish regional forum who made a night of it at Falkland Performance centre http://www.falkland.co.uk/ Was in seeing the folks so I thought I'd pop in.

It was £50 to have a run without any diognosis, £75 with. I afrid I'm not expert with this kinda of thing don't even know what the DME is. If DME is adjustment/reproramming, they have this facitly/konwledge but I don't think they could adjust my car because of its age - best to check this with them.

The Dyno man (Kev) said thst there was some blips over the rev range which might be taken out with the next service. Would post the output but don't have a scanner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts