BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

Need help locating a dyno facility semi-close by to Newport, RI
Closest Dyno I could find was in Boston. Any RI people that know of something closer?

Thanks,
R/
War

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
You may want to look into ACS Racing down in Hanover, MA. I know it is still a hike, but you should be able to reach it up 95 to 93N to 3S. Should not be more then an hour or so I would assume. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

Appreciate the rapid feedback. I'll try and give 'em a call and schedule something. Trying to get some valid baseline numbers before I hit the final mods I'm planning.

Thanks again,
War

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
War:

Glad I could help. Let us know what you pull as we have a running fued within the Boston guys about our Beast's power output. We are all like little kindergarden bullies;).

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Hi Warhaven,

We've had a few M5 meets at ACS, they offer a Saturday morning $50 for three dyno pulls deal. I think it's another $15 for Air/fuel plots.

Tell them you're one of us.....

Bill

·
Registered
144 Posts
warhaven said:
Greetings all,

Need help locating a dyno facility semi-close by to Newport, RI
Closest Dyno I could find was in Boston. Any RI people that know of something closer?

Thanks,
R/
War
Yup, There is one off of exit 7 on 195 in MA - guy's name is Chris - really nice person.

C D Performance
Model 248 Dyno
84 14th Street
Fall River 02720
Tel. 508-677-3113

Brought my 850CSi there a number of times.
Stay well,
Paul

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Hey Paul! Haven't seen you post for awhile, glad to see you are still on the board. How's the Lotus? Any chance to see a picture of it and the 'bird?

Bill

DrPaul said:
Yup, There is one off of exit 7 on 195 in MA - guy's name is Chris - really nice person.

C D Performance
Model 248 Dyno
84 14th Street
Fall River 02720
Tel. 508-677-3113

Brought my 850CSi there a number of times.
Stay well,
Paul

·
Registered
144 Posts
SouthshoreM5 said:
Hey Paul! Haven't seen you post for awhile, glad to see you are still on the board. How's the Lotus? Any chance to see a picture of it and the 'bird?

Bill
Hi Bill,
I just drove it back in the Lotus from Waltham - Lotus N.E. doing some scheduled stuff on it.
Looking forward to getting together with the gang in the Spring again. The Lotus is great, but very different from the 8 - sort of Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield thing. I love it, though. Here are a few photos of the Lotus. The RR photso are on my home computer, but will uploada few of those later.

Attachments

B

·
0 Posts
DrPaul said:
Hi Bill,
I just drove it back in the Lotus from Waltham - Lotus N.E. doing some scheduled stuff on it.
Looking forward to getting together with the gang in the Spring again. The Lotus is great, but very different from the 8 - sort of Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield thing. I love it, though. Here are a few photos of the Lotus. The RR photso are on my home computer, but will uploada few of those later.
Great fun. I used to own 3 of them a few years ago ('89, '97 and '01). They are very unique. I have quite a bit of experience with the Esprit in case you have any questions.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All,

Appreciate the feedback. Checked out both facilities and only ACS could get me in before I left for the thanksgiving weekend. Awesome bunch of guys there.
after pulling the required fuzes, we made several sucessful runs on the Dyno.
Results were better than I imagined. I was hoping for ~ 330RHP and ended up a little better. Specifically: HP 336.2/ Torque 329.2
Thanks again for the help. I'll let everyone know what the numbers are after I get the headers installed.

R/
War

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
War:

Good numbers. I am glad to see you were able to get in before the holiday break. I am also dying to see the numbers the headers provide. I am quite interested in adding headers to my car, to give it that little extra boost. Thanks for keeping us updated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts