BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I'm more of a reader than a talker on here, but after searching for hours, I've run into a challenge with installing my Dynavin N6 in my 2000 M5.

Basically the two plugs don't match. Not sure if there's something else I need to buy (conversion harness, etc). I've emailed Dynavin, but I'm wondering if the community can help out a newbie.

I have the stock small screen navigation system pictured here:

And this is a picture of the wiring harness that I'm working with:

These are the two wiring harnesses provided by Dynavin:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hi,

The oem plugs you have only work with the oem modules. They won't work with aftermarket equipment.

You'll need to purchase a cable which plugs into the rear of the car, run it along to the front dash area and that'll provide the required connections to the Dynavin you have.

Look at this site - J&T Distributing - BMW E39 - 1997-2003 5 series

The cable you need is the $50 Extension Cable kit.

Incidentally, Jeff who runs the site there is simply the best place for those owners in the USA/Canada to purchase the Dynavin unit from as well as if you decide to have it, the GAS E39 specific crossover too. This is because Jeff the owner, provides fantastic pre and after sales care and support for the units and customers. The other USA suppliers of the unit don't come to the same level of support.

Cheers, Dennis!

Reactions: Rontgen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

The oem plugs you have only work with the oem modules. They won't work with aftermarket equipment.

You'll need to purchase a cable which plugs into the rear of the car, run it along to the front dash area and that'll provide the required connections to the Dynavin you have.

Look at this site - J&T Distributing - BMW E39 - 1997-2003 5 series

The cable you need is the $50 Extension Cable kit.

Incidentally, Jeff who runs the site there is simply the best place for those owners in the USA/Canada to purchase the Dynavin unit from as well as if you decide to have it, the GAS E39 specific crossover too. This is because Jeff the owner, provides fantastic pre and after sales care and support for the units and customers. The other USA suppliers of the unit don't come to the same level of support.

Cheers, Dennis!
Thanks Dennis! Is the GAS crossover with mini amp meant for a subwoofer? Meaning if I don't plan on getting a subwoofer, stick to just the crossover?

Thanks agian

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks Dennis! Is the GAS crossover with mini amp meant for a subwoofer? Meaning if I don't plan on getting a subwoofer, stick to just the crossover?

Thanks agian
Like Dennis said, you need the 6m extension cable to take it to the trunk, then plug it in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like Dennis said, you need the 6m extension cable to take it to the trunk, then plug it in.
That part I get. I'm just thinking that if I'm ordering the cable, I might as well get the crossover too. :smile

Just not sure if the one with the mini amp is needed or not

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hi,

All pre-sales questions and queries will be well answered and responded to by either Jeff at J&T and Luke at G.A.S. I suggest talking to them about everything you might wish to ask.

In my opinion, if you are then looking to go for the purchase of the crossover, then absolutely do go for a subwoofer so that you actually get the full benefit of the engineering design Luke did with the item which covers the entire audio spectrum :) - You wouldn't buy an M5 and then say, leave out 3 cylinders from working, would you?!!

Cheers, Dennis!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts