BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looked into this a couple of times myself. Got some quotes for the light-tape a couple years ago but never pulled the trigger.

A few months ago I stumbled across this guy who does custom CNC work for a lot of BMW models, mostly sills and emblems.

Haven't seen them in person but he has quite a catalog of work and when I reached out to him he was responsive and can do E63's:

https://www.instagram.com/oem_customz/?fbclid=IwAR3q2Q-jUIr3HYdkQ27hyPWHwoP5JivWQgE4khFwtx-MPxeAIGjszVZqIWA
I reached out to oem_customz on Instagram, and while I was encouraged at first, he told me that I would need to send him my old sills, because he does not have a pattern for the E63 M6. I really don't want to ship my sills to Germany from the US, have a pattern designed and fabricated and then sent back, it is just too time-consuming.

So right now, I am going to either try and find a pair of cheapies to send him to make the pattern from, or go ahead and tackle the DIY. For the price of even busted used ones, plus the cost of having them shipped and made, I'm only about $150 from what it would cost to just buy a new set, so I am not sure that is the best thing to do, unless I can find a really cheap pair on ebay.

I did find a company called Californeon www.californeon.com that has everything one would need to do the DIY detailed back at the beginning of this thread.

Whatever I decide, I'll update here.

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello everyone! I am also looking to upgrade my burnt out door sills. Has anyone found a new and efficient way to do this? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
61 - 64 of 64 Posts