BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
I thought all M6's come with this ?
did yours and you changed it to be nicer/brighter?

·
8,376 Posts
Fantastic job Allan! Thank you for sharing!

This will be my next project. I will order my parts soon and will post updates here once I'm done.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge, talent and experience.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fantastic job Allan! Thank you for sharing!

This will be my next project. I will order my parts soon and will post updates here once I'm done.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge, talent and experience.
Best to you as well Dan. Happy belated New Year. Still loving this beast, as you can tell...

·
8,376 Posts
It's really hard not to like our beast. Always puts a smile on our face every time we drive it.

I am enjoying mine a lot more now after upgrading to Active Autowerke Software. Amazing performance difference.
In fact, I plan on taking tomorrow off from work, put in some 95 octane and go for a long drive and enjoy my time off from work.
I've been working 10 -12 hour days for a long time now so a nice day off with the beast would be great.

BTW, if you dont think you will eve use your light blue tape - let me know and I will buy it from you.

I will order and plan on installing the true blue color but it would be good to compare the two blues side by side and have an option on which one I really want to install. Sometimes picture are deceiving.

Happy new year to you and entire family as well.

Best to you as well Dan. Happy belated New Year. Still loving this beast, as you can tell...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's really hard not to like our beast. Always puts a smile on our face every time we drive it.

I am enjoying mine a lot more now after upgrading to Active Autowerke Software. Amazing performance difference.
In fact, I plan on taking tomorrow off from work, put in some 95 octane and go for a long drive and enjoy my time off from work.
I've been working 10 -12 hour days for a long time now so a nice day off with the beast would be great.

BTW, if you dont think you will eve use your light blue tape - let me know and I will buy it from you.

I will order and plan on installing the true blue color but it would be good to compare the two blues side by side and have an option on which one I really want to install. Sometimes picture are deceiving.

Blue lighttape. It's yours. I'll send it to you later this week. One piece is cut to size already when I did a mock up to see the light. And you'll see the light soon as well

·
Registered
933 Posts

you did the AA software upgrade? how much do you like it? how much did it run you?

What kind of gains are you supposed to get with it?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you did the AA software upgrade? how much do you like it? how much did it run you?

What kind of gains are you supposed to get with it?
David, think you meant to send the AA SW question to Whattheheck. I have the ESS tune (along with the RPI SMG tune). I imagine they are similarly written code. Big difference is the answer. Responsiveness, and general peppiness is my seat of the pants reaction. Couldnt' go back to stock tune. The SMG tune makes the shifting much smoother as well. Think I spent 3K on both. Eloy at RPI did it locally for me last year.

I'm working on ability to code our own cars using a program known as NCSExpert along with an OBDI cable to USB. With the help of one of our M3 members who can code preferences (amongst other things) directly to our modules. M6 is a little different but we will get there. First task is auto folding mirrors on lock/unlock (like the Euro models do). Wont go into too much detail until its nailed. Anyway hope that answers your question about the tune.

Regards

·
8,376 Posts
Cool. Thanks Allan!

Allow me to send you some money for it please.
Let me know how much to send you and I will PayPal it to you tomorrow morning.

Thanks again.

Blue lighttape. It's yours. I'll send it to you later this week. One piece is cut to size already when I did a mock up to see the light. And you'll see the light soon as well

·
8,376 Posts
I agree with Allan, software upgrades are coded in a similar fashion with a few different tweaks here and there.
Big difference indeed is the answer. Amazing difference compared to stock in my opinion.

Similar to Allan, I couldnt go back to stock tune. The beast wont be as fun to drive.

I'm extremely happy to hear that you are working on the ability to code our own cars! That would be so COOL!

Top on my list will be the ability to turn off bulb fault messages so that we wont need anymore load resistors when upgrading to LED lights.

I think the ability to also select turn signal flashes from a short 3 flash to 5 or 7 flashes on the iDrive screen would be great. 3 flashes is too short sometimes.

The ability to enable Aux Audio input for the 2006 MY like mine so I wont have to pay the $tealer $235.00 for simple software tweak to enable the audio input.

Then yes, the ability to stow side view mirrors, all windows go up when we lock the doors would be awesome!

I wish you all the success in the world Allan! Keep us posted please.

And as always, thanks for the great contribution you provide to this board.

David, think you meant to send the AA SW question to Whattheheck. I have the ESS tune (along with the RPI SMG tune). I imagine they are similarly written code. Big difference is the answer. Responsiveness, and general peppiness is my seat of the pants reaction. Couldnt' go back to stock tune. The SMG tune makes the shifting much smoother as well. Think I spent 3K on both. Eloy at RPI did it locally for me last year.

I'm working on ability to code our own cars using a program known as NCSExpert along with an OBDI cable to USB. With the help of one of our M3 members who can code preferences (amongst other things) directly to our modules. M6 is a little different but we will get there. First task is auto folding mirrors on lock/unlock (like the Euro models do). Wont go into too much detail until its nailed. Anyway hope that answers your question about the tune.

Regards

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dan, your comments are appreciated. Have your recoding wish list. And I have a few more. No splash screen, select no (nicht activ) bulb check messages. Thats basically the code change. Either activ or nicht activ. Therefore no more resistors needed when doing LED upgrades. No faults That's just a taste of options.

P.S. Your package is on the way. You'll only need 2 wired connectors for the Illuminated sill upgrade and the power supply.

·
8,376 Posts
Thank you so much!

Dan, your comments are appreciated. Have your recoding wish list. And I have a few more. No splash screen, select no (nicht activ) bulb check messages. Thats basically the code change. Either activ or nicht activ. Therefore no more resistors needed when doing LED upgrades. No faults That's just a taste of options.

P.S. Your package is on the way. You'll only need 2 wired connectors for the Illuminated sill upgrade and the power supply.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
zerocks1: Thanks for your excellent DIY instructions. Now I have another project added to my "to do" list :1:

I'm working on ability to code our own cars using a program known as NCSExpert along with an OBDI cable to USB. With the help of one of our M3 members who can code preferences (amongst other things) directly to our modules. M6 is a little different but we will get there. First task is auto folding mirrors on lock/unlock (like the Euro models do). Wont go into too much detail until its nailed.
NCSExpert looks very interesting.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Nice , i might do it .

1 - 20 of 64 Posts