BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1181 - 1200 of 1202 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Coding and Windows:

I no longer have a computer with Windows 7 or 8 or anything other than Windows 10. Will I be able to to use NCS and other coding programs?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Bueller?

·
Registered
468 Posts
interesting thread if someone is really intrigued by coding themselves vs. paying $100.
It's not really about the money....most of us that can afford these cars have the money to pay someone to program it....it's more about learning your car, and learning how to manipulate it to its full potential. I guess you were never a tinkerer when you were young?

·
Registered
3 Posts
How many of you guys are using BT? Ijust ordered Professional Kit .I heard all good things about it but i am not sure how much does it support E63 M6 as far as coding and other stuff...

·
Registered
976 Posts
Had to buy a new CCC CD/Nav unit because my original one shot craps. It appears that the fan shut down and the unit got overheated enough that something broke. So with the help of another member here, he gave me the "how to" add AUX to my replacement CD/NAV unit through NCS Expert. So I have AUX but my cd no longer shows 6 CD's like it did before. That is a BMW add-on that controlled an Ipod. Does anyone have an idea on what I might have changed or whatever? I want to have the iPod work like it did before with the 6 cd spoof. Have I overlooked something obvious or .....?

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
976 Posts
Okay, let's try it this way...what module(s) control the CD/NAV?

·
Registered
976 Posts
A few weeks ago I was able to add the AUX facility in the menu that shows AM FM Weather CD and AUX. I was fortunate enough to be instructed by a YouTube video that another member pointed out to me. The CCC CD/NAV unit was replaced with another that was in a 2006 E63. Works great except I need to change a few more things and I'll be done with coding (I hope).

I loaded the NCS EXPERT this morning and am ready to change whatever is necessary to complete the following. I'm in the CAPPL module right now on another computer (WIN XP).
I have no idea what needs to be changed and saved allowing the following features to function. The settings in German have me totally baffled.

This is what I need to accomplish:
1) Make the CD to spoof the non-existant CD changer to show the 6 CD's when in the CD mode. I have an iPod connected but it only allows 1 CD to be controlled and that is through the single CD slot.
2) The NAV module shows my location of the previous owner in Colorado. I live in a far western suburb of Kansas City, KS. I have tried every setting I know to change this but have been unsuccessful so far.

Please help!!

·
Registered
976 Posts
I don't know exactly what I changed in the CAPPL module but I now have the 6 cd changer working!:laugh
I still have the nav telling me I'm in Aurora, CO when I should be in Shawnee, KS. hmmmmm Anyone with an idea?:crying

·
Registered
976 Posts
Come on guys....need some help on this.....Bueller, Bueller......Bueler??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the info. There are many modules I cannot read, although I don't know if they even exist.
A few modules give me a version mismatch warning :nono:

I'm still in the experiment stage, but need to systematically go through every module :typing:

I'm interested in your experiment with Fuel Level. The first warning is so early, it's always ignored.
can someone send me someupdated datum files for e60?

·
Registered
4 Posts
e63 mirror coding

Hi Guys i hope im in the right place

i have a late 2006 650i and have retrofitted the folding m6 mirrors with puddle light heating and auto dim
i have managed to code them so they fold along with comfort folding from the key fob how every i am struggling to find the right place to code the auto dim and heat function

can anyone point me in the right direction??

once this is done the last job im looking to do is a idrive upgrade to the cic with combox

thanks in advance

jp

·
Registered
29 Posts
I hate asking this, but does anyone feel inclined to share with me a copy of NCS Expert? I'd love to get involved with coding my vehicle, but every link I've come across has either been shut down or malware. I will happily share my email if anyone responds to this post. ??????

1181 - 1200 of 1202 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
131 Participants
fischdl
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing