BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1161 - 1180 of 1202 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Looks like the hd went bad on the machine I have a torrent downloader. The rest of my machines sometimes go to work so I can't put software like that on them. Also how big should the torrent be? I did some searching and the first I found was 19gb?? It thought it was more like 200mb. I found another in the 150mb range but nothing right around 200... I'm thinking I'll wait and do this on a virtual machine... So I can just revert it when needed and delete it when I'm done.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Just picked up a newer daten than what I had. Previous was v46 I think, this is 50.2 or so.

Noticed an MSS65 .prg file I've never seen before. There have always been ms_s65.prg and ms_s65_2.prg, but now I see a ms_s65_3.prg as well.

I aways believed the original two were for the pre 9/05 and post 9/05 selections within INPA. Anyone have any idea what the 3rd version is about?

·
Registered
976 Posts
I am guessing that a used CCC unit with a different VIN # will not allow me to make changes. The only thing I wanted to change was to allow the CCC to recognize HD radio and Satellite like I had with the factory CCC unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought this cable from from eBay through this US seller for $22 bucks shipped, and both the cable and the software work perfectly!
I bought this as well but I'm on 64-bit Windows 7. I created a 32-bit XP virtual machine in VirtualBox and then acquired INPA 5.0.2 directly from the NCS Expert site. After following the installation instructions included in the RAR file, NCS Expert cannot read the VIN when the cable is connected and the ignition is on.

If there is a way to do this on 64-bit Windows 7 instead, I'd rather do it that way. If anyone has updated info on the latest process, please advise.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Alright Lads,

Attempted today to remove the EDC from my M5 (doing away with my resistor packs). However, not having much success.

VO for the EDC is $223, however this does not show in the VO via NCSExpert. From what I can read, this is due to the E60 M5 having EDC as standard equipment.

The only entries for EDC that I could find in the available ECU's was EDCK_ALIVE_ZAEHLER in 'KOMBI' and EDC in 'CAPPL' - I have set both these to nicht_aktiv. However, the second I unplug my resistor packs (essentially EDC shocks as far as the system is concerned), I get the usual error.

Interestingly, on the full car backup file, I also see 'EDC_CIC activ' but unable to find this entry in any of the available ECU's.

I have up to date daten files (2012).

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Flashing a DME on pre-LCI with a cable and software package I've used many times before. I've flashed the DME without problems before.

Now WinKFP pops an error "2089 can't change programming mode".

Ant thoughts?

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Flashing a DME on pre-LCI with a cable and software package I've used many times before. I've flashed the DME without problems before.

Now WinKFP pops an error "2089 can't change programming mode".

Ant thoughts?
Fixed. Latency set wrong apparently when I updated FTDI drivers.

New problem. Trying to update reprogram a DSC module with WinKFP, what ZUSB am I looking for and what group is it in?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Does any one have a good lead on this software? i already have the cable. I just purchased my CIC NAvi hardware and would like to tackle this. Any replies, links or PMs would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
101 Posts
This thread is fairly long now so allow me please to make an update.

First, never ending Thank You to my friend Zerocks1 who helped me and guided me in learning how to recode software.
Such a helpful, sincere, down to earth super nice guy Zerocks1 is. I am forever grateful for all his help on so many of my DIY projects.

Now, to make it easier for me and the next guy that wants to do this - I have put together a step by step DIY on how to prepare for coding and how to actually do the coding.

Attached is what I came up with, all for sharing.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachments/e63-bmw-m6-forum-bmw-m6-convertible-m6board-com/173505d1357535314-dyi-_coding-e63-e64-updated-02-21-2011-step-step-coding-instructions_allan.pdf

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachments/e63-bmw-m6-forum-bmw-m6-convertible-m6board-com/173513d1357535325-dyi-_coding-e63-e64-updated-02-21-2011-things-recode.pdf

Disclaimer: Use it at your own risk.

This writeup has definitely helped me so I wanted to repost whattheheck's post so others can use it. This thread is really long and most of what I've seen is discussing setting up the cable, SW, and laptop.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Question for anyone experienced. I recently started playing with NCS Expert and managed to code my girlfriends Z4 to close the roof from the key (not before draining her battery I might add) but she says that the car now doesn't do some of the stuff it used to i.e. the windows are not one touch anymore. If you code an adaptation, do you lose all the existing adaptations unless you also code them in at the same time? I want to make my mirrors auto fold on the M6 but am now worried about things I might lose that I don't even know I have

·
Registered
176 Posts
That wasn't an issue for me. I coded all my options one at a time. Did you start with the file from her car?

It's been over a year since I coded my M5 but I remember downloading the file from the M, modifying it and re-flashing it to the computer. (And saving the downloaded file in a separate location - in case anything weird happened I could flash back the original).

·
Registered
16 Posts
That exactly what I did too, I have since read that flattening the battery can sometimes make you lose things like one touch, makes sense as they have apparently now come back! I think I will have a go at the M6 with a trickle charger on just to be safe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Alright Lads,

Attempted today to remove the EDC from my M5 (doing away with my resistor packs). However, not having much success.

VO for the EDC is $223, however this does not show in the VO via NCSExpert. From what I can read, this is due to the E60 M5 having EDC as standard equipment.

The only entries for EDC that I could find in the available ECU's was EDCK_ALIVE_ZAEHLER in 'KOMBI' and EDC in 'CAPPL' - I have set both these to nicht_aktiv. However, the second I unplug my resistor packs (essentially EDC shocks as far as the system is concerned), I get the usual error.

Interestingly, on the full car backup file, I also see 'EDC_CIC activ' but unable to find this entry in any of the available ECU's.

I have up to date daten files (2012).

Any suggestions?
I saw this somewhere else on the forum, can't remember who posted it though. This worked for me.

"EDCK_ALIVE_ZAEHLER" in KOMBI to "nicht_activ
"EDC" in CAPPL to "nicht_activ"

then remove the #19 and #20 fuses in the glove box. FWIW my car only had the #19 in. EDC is still available in the menu, still shows on Sport (even though it is inactive since I have Coilovers), but I do not get the Error anymore.

-Matt

·
Registered
317 Posts
I saw this somewhere else on the forum, can't remember who posted it though. This worked for me.

"EDCK_ALIVE_ZAEHLER" in KOMBI to "nicht_activ
"EDC" in CAPPL to "nicht_activ"

then remove the #19 and #20 fuses in the glove box. FWIW my car only had the #19 in. EDC is still available in the menu, still shows on Sport (even though it is inactive since I have Coilovers), but I do not get the Error anymore.

-Matt
Thanks for the reply Matt, I had this figured out a while back. The missing link was simply removing the EDC fuse, otherwise it throws the error.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Posting from my phone. While I've read this entire thread it was awhile back and I can't remember if this was mentioned.

Is there coding which can adjust the voltage sent to the angel eyes? I've noticed other e63 owners whose old yellow AE bulbs are very visible in the middle of the day. My new, white, higher wattage Cree LED's seem to disappear during the day. But are decent at night. Thus my question about increasing the voltage to the AE's.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If so which lines do this job?

Thank you.

1161 - 1180 of 1202 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
131 Participants
fischdl
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing