BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Carbotech Seems like this is the most common compound people are using.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So, I have no personal experience yet, but have these on order based on what I've read and also heard from people that have them. Literally, no dust. Whatever that may be worth to you, perhaps others here that have them will chime in. The second link to IND, is only to show what compound. XP12 for front pads and XP10 for rear if you want those too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
XP12's & XP10's are track pads. Not for the street as I recall.
I know that's how they're marketed, but they're obviously used on the street... Just trying to give you an option, but since you already know about them, I see I'm not much help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know that's how they're marketed, but they're obviously used on the street... Just trying to give you an option, but since you already know about them, I see I'm not much help.
No, no...it's all good stuff. This board is very uncommunicative compared to others i'm on so I appreciate your thoughts and ideas.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
No Pad other than Ceramic brake option will be Dustless.
As above & i've jet to experience a track pad that isn't at best as bad as a road pad for dust. I'd also hazard a guess that any mfctr quoting Ceramic pads is doing so for purely marketing purposes & the pads are not in fact made of carbon ceramic or any such ingredient in the compound. Unless i'm mistaken, all mfctr CCB options are the discs made of carbon ceramic as far as i'm aware.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can' speak to the M5 but I can to the ceramic pads for other cars. I have had Akebono and Hawk Street performance ceramic pads on 4 cars. They are on my 2012 Z06 now and they are almost dustless and work great on the street. They are NOT track pads, so if I go to the track I switch them out.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dusty or not

I have quite a few years experience with the Carbotech low-dust pads and have been a satisfied customer. I currently have them on my current car and my wife's SRT Grand Cherokee. They are not dust free but eliminate about 85-90% of the dust. Brake performance is equal to OEM. Look their website up and their reputation. They are long-time racers and understand brakes well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have quite a few years experience with the Carbotech low-dust pads and have been a satisfied customer. I currently have them on my current car and my wife's SRT Grand Cherokee. They are not dust free but eliminate about 85-90% of the dust. Brake performance is equal to OEM. Look their website up and their reputation. They are long-time racers and understand brakes well.
Did you get the 1521's from Carbotech? Is your car a 13 M5?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yes and yes. I got mine from Carbotech when they were still being fine-tuned in early 05, so, there was some dialogue back/forth before I finally got the ones I needed. Like I said before, there will no difference from the OEM pads other than the dust and the squealing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Any other ultra low dust pad options for the F10 m5 now?

·
Registered
101 Posts
scale of 1-10 how much dust is left on the wheels after say 200 miles of hard driving with the carbotechs?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Reactions: JimmyZ06
1 - 20 of 28 Posts