BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming from a Porsche with ceramic brakes that make no (visible) brake dust, I was wondering if anyone makes brake pads for the new M5 that minimize the amount of brake dust this beast creates. I know BMW's are known for great brakes that stop well but create lots of unsightly brake dust on the wheels. I could retrofit the Porsche ceramic brakes for $10k but that's crazy and I'm done with Porsche for a while. Any luck with green pads, warranty issues, squeeking or do I just need to get a good wheel brush and suck it up...

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
carcam said:
Coming from a Porsche with ceramic brakes that make no (visible) brake dust, I was wondering if anyone makes brake pads for the new M5 that minimize the amount of brake dust this beast creates. I know BMW's are known for great brakes that stop well but create lots of unsightly brake dust on the wheels. I could retrofit the Porsche ceramic brakes for $10k but that's crazy and I'm done with Porsche for a while. Any luck with green pads, warranty issues, squeeking or do I just need to get a good wheel brush and suck it up...
Or, just get BBS RS-GT's with the diamond black centers. No brake dust whatsoever!!:wroom:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Will verify - Wolverine's rims look great.

Raj

1 - 6 of 6 Posts