BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new M5 owner (2007), and was wondering if there is anything out there similar to the Durametric Diagnostic software they have for Porsche? Anybody had any experience with anything like that for the M5?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave, for the info. I'll take a look at it. Let me know if you do get it and your initial impressions.

Mark

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just looked at the link you sent. You know, I think that is the SAME company. The website is almost IDENTICAL to the Durametric site, the pictures are exactly the same, and the Cable looks identical. Even the pricing is pretty much the same. I wonder if the two would work together? I'm going to dig further, but it looks very, very similar.

Durametric Diagnostic Software for Porsche

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome and thanks for posting up something that could be usefull for everyone. I will have to take a look at this myself.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome. I've got the Durametric cable, and thought about just hooking it up to the BMW and see what happens, but a little worried I might screw something up. Since I don't fully know how the cables themselves work, I'm not sure what it would do. Just wondering if anybody had tried it. Still searching around to see if I can find the answer. Since I own the Porsche, and 2 BMWs, it would be nice if this cable worked for all three. I have the professional version, so it has unlimited cars, so that would make it well worth the extra money for the professional version. I do know it is different software, though very similar, but just not sure about the cable.

If I find out any more on it, I'll definitely post what I find.

Mark

·
Registered
911 Posts
Looking at the web site and reading the information there the cable fits the standard OBDII port required on all cars from 2001 and newer I believe.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, it should 'fit', but I believe the software knows if it is a 'Porsche' cable versus a 'BMW' cable. I may just hook it up and see what happens...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts