BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the this area and really want to get myself a machine polisher and obviously as a beginner ive read that an orbital could be just what im after.

I have a fair few swirls on a few of my cars including the M5 and hoped that this could help correct it withoutout me damaging my paint?

I like some advice on which to buy and any deals around at the moment dont really want to spend more than £150.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Cheers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Griot's Garage 6 inch Random Orbital Polisher
A powerful 7 amp (850 watt) motor with low-end torque for low speed polishing for better results, a wider 5/16 - inch (8mm) diameter offset orbit for faster polishing With the Griot's Garage system, a safer and easier way to remove swirl marks, fine scratches, and apply a protective coating to your paint

Griot's Garage 3" Mini Polisher
2.0 AMP
240 Watt Motor
Approx $ 90

Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher
The polisher is capable of working at faster speeds than the original 7424, which enables the 7424XP to remove more paint imperfections. This more aggressive removal allows you to use the Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher for tougher detailing jobs and get optimum results.
4.5 –Amp, 450-Watt motor
55dB A noise level speed 6
2,500 – 6,800 Orbits Per Minute (OPM)
Variable Speed
5/16"(8mm) offset
Approx $120

Cyclo Polisher
The Cyclo Polisher is the only dual-head polisher on the market. Both heads move in an orbital motion, counter clockwise. The idea is to simulate hand polishing but at a much faster rate. Going over a scratch or swirl with both heads ensures that you are attacking it from all sides, so to speak.
115 Volts, 60 Hertz, 220 Watts
Motor: alternating current, semi-enclosed 24-bar commutator
Speed: 3000 orbits per minute (OPM)
Output: 1/3 H.P. (0.25 KW
Weight: 6.5 lb. (2.9 kg)
Sound level 77 dB A
Head Rotation/Diameter: clockwise/4-inch
Housing: heavy-duty cast aluminium, double insulated
Approx US$ 300

Flex XC3401V Dual Action Polisher (with forced rotation)
The orbital rotation of this innovative polisher simulates the circular movement of the human hand while polishing. The head also rotates, creating more action than typical orbital’s.
Maximum polishing pad diameter - 6.5 inches (160 mm)
Velcro pad - 6- inches (150 mm)
Motor Amps 7.5
Speed without load – 3,200 - 9,600 OPM plus 160 - 480 RPM direct rotation
Orbit (stroke length or offset) - 5/16 - inches (8mm)
Power input - 900 Watt
Power output - 590 Watt
Weight - 5.73 lbs (2.60 kg)
Approx $300

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the PC 7424 and having learned on a rotary at my dads old car lot, I can say that it's so much easier for someone to pick up and start using with great results.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The FLEX 3401 is the best DA of the bunch. It's twice the price of the PC, but has the power to do a job in near half the time of a PC. It will also knock down defects that may leave you reaching for a rotary, had you only had a PC at your disposal.

·
Registered
416 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts