BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am starting to think about doing rod bearings as i approach 50k: I have a single drain 06.

Q: When you guys drain your oil after idling for a few minutes (actually its one i think), shutting down and draining, how much oil do you actually drain from the fwd sump?

I ask because i am toying with installing a drain bung and plug there while the pan is off (or sourcing a newer pan if there is a reason to do that and its not too $$).

A 9 L refill gets me to 0.8-0.9 on the monitor.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
When I did mine there wasnt that much come out. 200ml maybe. I did have the front up on stands at the time so the oil might have drained to the back of the pan.

·
Registered
204 Posts
We updated mine to a dual drain when we added Troy's Stroker. He showed me how much oil remains if you don't have this option. Perhaps he can forward a pic? I can tell you it's surprising how much is not drained with a single plug.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
We updated mine to a dual drain when we added Troy's Stroker. He showed me how much oil remains if you don't have this option. Perhaps he can forward a pic? I can tell you it's surprising how much is not drained with a single plug.
This is true if the car is level on a lift. Next time I will take a photo of what comes out when I change my oil having the car on jack stands.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bucky,
Hi Bucky,
New to the board and am not allowed to send PMs yet. I am in Calgary as well and would like to connect for coffee to compare notes. I recenlty purchased a local car 2006, 100kKms. Would be great to get your insights on a bunch of things.

Regards,

Jeff

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Bucky,
Hi Bucky,
New to the board and am not allowed to send PMs yet. I am in Calgary as well and would like to connect for coffee to compare notes. I recenlty purchased a local car 2006, 100kKms. Would be great to get your insights on a bunch of things.

Regards,

Jeff
Your in Bragg Creek hahaha, Im in Cochrane.
I have had bad luck with my car so you will hear it all, I normally drive through Bragg Creek when I go to the SE of Calgary.
email me .........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts