BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to get on except from the dealer??? $1100 ouch

It would appear that water is getting into the back corner due to an accident that wasnt reported on the carfax report

how does one know when buying...anyway I digress....of course the CPO doesnt cover the dsp but should it cover the radio??? I might need that replaced too

how can this crap happengrrrrrrr

·
10,457 Posts
i don't think cpo covers any of the electronic/ entertainment/ nav parts. How long have you had the car? if it's a recent purchase, i'd probably use the "how did a poorly repaired car get cpo'd" argument to see if i could get a little dealer goodwill repair.
the radio unit, if you need it is about $400. You might search ebay for a dsp amp. Most people who go for aftermarket stereo equip will ditch the dsp. I "think" and e38 and e39 dsp amp are the same.
Mike

·
Registered
259 Posts
I had my amp burn out too and fortunately found one on Ebay for $200. Good luck on the search :cheers:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BGKBCK said:
I had my amp burn out too and fortunately found one on Ebay for $200. Good luck on the search :cheers:
So the question is do I but the dealers line about water in the back?

I see no reason water could get back there is there a way to tell?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm not sure I totally understand your question...Are you asking if the dealer lied about the accident history? I suppose if you bought your car from a BMW dealership they wouldn't lie since they go over the cars complete history during the sale...However, if you bought it from an independent dealer (that's still under a CPO warranty) I'd say they probably wouldn't disclose any accident history...At any rate, if anything in your trunk gets wet after a wash or rain I'd say those components are at serious risk of getting damaged...Just my $.02...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BGKBCK said:
I'm not sure I totally understand your question...Are you asking if the dealer lied about the accident history? I suppose if you bought your car from a BMW dealership they wouldn't lie since they go over the cars complete history during the sale...However, if you bought it from an independent dealer (that's still under a CPO warranty) I'd say they probably wouldn't disclose any accident history...At any rate, if anything in your trunk gets wet after a wash or rain I'd say those components are at serious risk of getting damaged...Just my $.02...
I havent noticed any wetness after a wash or rain

the daler says the white powdery subsatnce on the silver box.. water causes this

it was a lot of powder..so why would the system all of a sudden stop working?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts