BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following the (old) news as discussed in the M5 dicussion room,
DSC+

"The new six-cylinder engine incorporates DSC+. This advanced safety system hones the already accomplished Dynamic Stability Control system featured on every BMW model. DSC+ adds five features to the standard DSC: Brake Standby, Rain Brake Support, Hill Start Assist, Fading Compensation and Soft Stop.

The DSC+ system makes its debut on the new 5 Series models and will appear on other BMW models in the future. In addition, Servotronic speed-proportional power steering becomes standard on 5 Series Saloon models, having previously been offered as standard equipment on Touring variants. Prices and full specifications for all the new 5 Series models will be announced shortly. "

Can someone in Germany who is placing the E63 M6 order confirm if this also true for the E63?

·
Registered
457 Posts
M6 Forever said:
Can someone in Germany who is placing the E63 M6 order confirm if this also true for the E63?
Sorry, my dealer was not able to answer this question.

As for your allocation question; M6 allocation numbers have not been fixed up to now. But Munich is getting the biggest share, followed by 2nd Frankfurt am Main (my home-town) and 3rd Hamburg. That bodes well for me!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
(1) Servotronic is obviously already in the M5 and M6 according to the press.

(2) Not sure about Brake Standby (which is definitely new), Rain Brake Support, Fading Compensation and Soft Stop. I have no real materials on these.

(3) Hill Start Assist is not relevant to the SMG III. There is already something equivalent to it for the SMG, climbing assistant, for hill starts and no roll back.

So the question is onto the new braking assistance features of no.(2), if I'm not wrong. But if we think about it, the M5 and M6 already have the best braking power in the whole BMW range; biggest brake discs, swing calipers, M-Differential Lock etc. So perhaps the question is not a concerning thought in the first place.

·
Registered
457 Posts
vndkshn said:
and some of those items you list in (2) might detract from the motorsports aspects of the cars.
That's true. Nevertheless, I am sure DSC+ will be integrated within M models sooner or later. I welcome those new DSC+ features under the condition that they can be turned off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts