BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 M5. About 2 weeks ago I decided to be Nigel Mansell and turned of traction control, but the gear change setting to the max and had power on. After redlining it and changing gears got the engine fault, DSC malfunction and limp mode. Go it home which was a block away and turned it off. Turned it back on and it was fine. Drove it for a few weeks in power and reasonably hard acceleration and it was fine would have been a few redline gear changes but DSC was on. Then a few days ago did the nigel mansell setup again, everything max, DSC off, hard acceleration, redline gear change and got the DSC malfunction again….Any thoughts….All the other DSC malfunctions i have read on hear sound different….

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
There is a very slim chance the car gave those errors with storing a code somewhere. Have it read and post the 4 digit code here and we can help. Without that, it's pretty much a guess.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Not that it's important to this thread, but isn't the only way to max out engine/throttle performance (P500 Sport) and SMG performance (S6) is to program these in the M Mode menu, and then select the M Button? Then, of course, you must select DSC Off to actually get the S6 mode. It is my understanding that the Power button only selects P500, and the SMG button only S5, not exactly the max performance settings that are available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there anyway to get this from the on board computer. The error doesn't come back on when I start the car? Or will I need to get a scanner? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not that it's important to this thread, but isn't the only way to max out engine/throttle performance (P500 Sport) and SMG performance (S6) is to program these in the M Mode menu, and then select the M Button? Then, of course, you must select DSC Off to actually get the S6 mode. It is my understanding that the Power button only selects P500, and the SMG button only S5, not exactly the max performance settings that are available.
That's what I have been doing, quite tedious.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't want to start up an old thread but did any one resolve the issue with this. Mine bounces off the rev limiter and goes into limp mode, dsc light comes on, engine malfunction but when i turn off the car and turn it back on its starts up fine and i checked the codes and the only code that comes up is for an O2 sensor but the car is straight piped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.