BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys had the cluster problem in my car so got a second hand dash and put it in which is great no dead pixals only prob is dsc light came on and will not turn off any body have any ideas why this has happened and how to fix it :1zhelp:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
First thing to do is check your dsc is working by trying to lose traction, in a safe place mind because it may have a fault. Then if is take it back to the place that put the cluster in.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dsc not working i put the dash in my self few screws and three plugs at back.its as if you have turned dsc off

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Ok try getting into the car and push the dsc button in, turn the key but don't start the car, keep the button held in for ten second. this will reset the abs sensors. Then start the car and go for a quick drive. Turn the car off and then back on and see if the light goes off. If it does not then you have a problem with the dsc. Check the fuse for the abs, if thats working then you a bad abs sensor or worse a faulty abs control unit.

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
No red dot next to the mileage indicating a mismatch?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Being low on brake fluid will also throw the DSC light, so check the fluid reservoir to make sure it's not too low.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi light still on stays off until you drive off then comes on and there a little red dot on beside mileage,the switch is fine

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Like the other said check the brake fluid and the cluster. The red dot means the computer knows you have swapped out the cluster for another one and it does not like it. I don't know if this is the cause of your dsc light problem.
This is only a guess but I would assume the red dot is a dealer fix only, however they may ask some questions about the cluster swap out and may even demand that you get it swapped out for another one by them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts